Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

AMBR said:
Here in Jersey strangers say "fuck you" to each other on a semi-regular basis and we all just shrug it off. Hell, it's practically a standard greeting. :D

As I am aware that this is true for several other places, I am changing my "FUCK YOU" tee shirt design. It is still going to be "FUCK YOU" in the front, but the back will read "HAVE A NICE DAY :) "

I wonder if I should do a preorder........

People will be amazed when they see one of the shirts I'll wear at ProgPower this year.

"Whoever" thinks what the shirt say is directed to him/herself, feel free to come talk to me.

And by the way, depending on who it is.... I will mean it.

Ascension said:
l've been wondering about this myself. This thread should have been closed/deleted long ago. And, l'm not sure why you feel there needs to be action against me. Someone in this thread posted that they would verbally assault anyone that was happy about the Nevermore cancellation. l think he put it as "fuck you". l considered myself as one of those individuals as l never liked the Nevermore pick and have been verbal about it. l defended my thoughts on the cancellation & said that verbal assault wouldn't happen in the "real world" due to the possible consequences someone might face. Think about it...someone you don't know comes up to you and says "fuck you" to your face without provacation...if you verbally assault someone like that chances are you'll get a left hook very quickly. That's the consequences in the real world. It's easy to do it from behind a computer screen...no fear of getting your ass whipped.
l never made any threats to anyone...although l have been threatened with gang violence subsequently.

l understand the fanboy - itis that runs rampant on this forum. It's a great festival ran by a guy that is a fan himself so people are passionate about it...myself included. l'm just not fanboy material when it comes to it. l pay my hard earned money (ok...hard earned was maybe to strong a phrase to use), l show up to support the bands l like, shop during the bands l don't like (in Nevermore's case that would be ...go home early), and all in all...enjoy myself. But, when someone crosses the line and verbally assaults someone for their ideas on a particular band... well...that just degrades the spirit of the festival as a whole. Posting your thoughts on a particular band or pick or whatever should be part of this forum. Getting assaulted for it shouldn't be.

l personally would never come up to anyone & say "fuck you" in any public setting. But, there are those here that have said they would do just that. That in itself is sad. l would hope those that have implied this would think twice about taking this childish action. It totally serves no purpose other than to alienate and cause a retaliatory situation.
l have said enough on this subject...the defense rests.

While you may have not outwardly threatened anyone, it was pretty much implied in your previous post. unless when you asked people to "find you" in the show it was to give them a big kiss on the cheek. :wave: While you are right that you should express about the bands you love, I think you were excessive about not liking Nevermore. Dude, we get it, you don't like Nevermore, now we don't need to know every single post that you don't like them. So if you are looking at the "fanboys" as the people who started the conflict, it wasn't them. It was your constant insitgating to those fans of Nevermore that caused it, and you'd have to be pretty dumb to not know in advance that if you keep talking crap about a band to people who love that band, they will get pissed at you. So I'd start by looking at your own posts before you start judgeing the posts of us "fanboys"

:Spin:

BlindPanzer said:
While you may have not outwardly threatened anyone, it was pretty much implied in your previous post. unless when you asked people to "find you" in the show it was to give them a big kiss on the cheek. :wave: While you are right that you should express about the bands you love, I think you were excessive about not liking Nevermore. Dude, we get it, you don't like Nevermore, now we don't need to know every single post that you don't like them. So if you are looking at the "fanboys" as the people who started the conflict, it wasn't them. It was your constant insitgating to those fans of Nevermore that caused it, and you'd have to be pretty dumb to not know in advance that if you keep talking crap about a band to people who love that band, they will get pissed at you. So I'd start by looking at your own posts before you start judgeing the posts of us "fanboys"

:Spin:

That was excellent, man. :worship:

As I am sitting here listening to Dead Heart in a Dead World I am still disappointed that Nevermore isnt playing. Cant wait to hear the replacement but still feel Nevermore would have tore the roof off of EarthlinkLive in Atlanta

Yup... It is really too bad that Nevermore missed the boat on this one... again. I will never feel sorry for people that don't determine their own future in a positive direction. They fucked up and mark my words... their Sept. tour will be cancelled.

Oh well. Next.

Narcosynthesys68 said:
Yup... It is really too bad that Nevermore missed the boat on this one... again. I will never feel sorry for people that don't determine their own future in a positive direction. They fucked up and mark my words... their Sept. tour will be cancelled.

<whistling innocently>

Find me at progpower and say 'Fuck You' to my face and I'll buy you a beer.:D

This offer only applies to the first person to actually find me, and say the required phrase to my face. After all...I ain't made of money...bitches!

TheWhisper said:
Find me at progpower and say 'Fuck You' to my face and I'll buy you a beer.:D

This offer only applies to the first person to actually find me, and say the required phrase to my face. After all...I ain't made of money...bitches!

Y'know, THIS year we need Forum nametags for everyone who wants one...only instead of saying "Hello, my name is ______" they would say "FUCK YOU, my name is ________". :D

There would be a lot of free booze being traded around..... :tickled:

Pellaz said:
Y'know, THIS year we need Forum nametags for everyone who wants one...only instead of saying "Hello, my name is ______" they would say "FUCK YOU, my name is ________". :D

I would wear a name tag like that PROUDLY! LOL!

J-Dubya

Pellaz said:

Count me in! I'll take two of them, just in case!:tickled:

Pellaz said:

LMAO!! Paul, that's brilliant. I'd wear one. :) I'll even help ya organize it and/or make the nametags.