Nevermore drops off the Symphony X tour

I can say that the not getting along part is bullshit. Jim told me that there was a lot of rumors going around during the European tour about them all hating each other and wanting to break up and such, and I know that isn't the case (at least that is what he tells me). I have an idea of what's going on, and it doesn't involve anyone in the band not getting along, but I was also asked not to say anything. I'm sure it will come out in the press release soon if they want the info out there. As for them breaking up, don't write the epitaph yet, but I do have a bad feeling that something here might be happening that might be a little more serious than I've been lead to believe. Granted, I did talk to Jim a week ago, but a lot can happen in a week. I'm just gonna sit back with my fingers crossed and hope for the best. I have tried to call him today and haven't gotten an answer, and I know that someone else has sent a few texts to Warrel and haven't gotten any answers either, so whatever is going on, they are staying tight lipped about it until a release, it seems.
That's the rumor I heard. About not getting along on the European tour and alcohol again rearing it's ugly head. I pray both are falsehoods. I really do hope this isn't the end. I love NEVERMORE big time. I guess all we can do is hope for the best at this point.

That's the rumor I heard. About not getting along on the European tour and alcohol again rearing it's ugly head. I pray both are falsehoods. I really do hope this isn't the end. I love NEVERMORE big time. I guess all we can do is hope for the best at this point.

Yea, me too, heh, hence the NM tat on my left arm. It will indeed be a sad day if they ever decide to hang it up.

Well as far as I know they are supposed to be back in the US in the not too distant future, so I couldn't imagine this to be a breakup or anything. But who knows.

the tour starts next week and most bands are already booking for the fall/winter right now. Who can they possibly find to fill in that would draw enough people to cover the promoter's investment?

I think you are forgetting about a little band called SWASHBUCKLE.:loco:

I know this is a jokepost, but they would need to put a band on the package that would draw as much or more people than Nevermore and get paid whatever Nevermore was getting paid for this tour in order to justify a replacement.

Middle of the week in Orlando is the real bitch. And now w/o NM, even more so.

Very true. I may debate a while whether I will go to this show. Probably all depends on the work schedule and whether I really want to drive that distance. I wonder if that club starts shows earlier on weekdays.

Well, this sucks ass.

Good thing I hadn't bought tickets, though, or else I'd be pissed off. I didn't plan on watching the PG or BG sets, and i'm not paying to watch just one band play. As much as I love Symphony X, I can't afford to do it that way.

Now at a reduced ticket cost i'd consider it.

And to think we are seeing this tour in Cleveland, Detroit and Chicago. *sigh* Still gonna go and really excited about Symphony X, but it's a major bummer to not have Nevermore on the bill anymore.

Not offended, but that makes no sense. You won't get Symphony X to play longer. You won't get any other bands to replace them. How exactly does that increase the chances of you go? Couldn't just go in and skip the other bands you don't like ?

I know all of this. I enjoy watching shows from or near the front, and not having to suffer through 1.5 (ish) hours of Nevermore makes me want to go to this again. If I stepped out during Nevermore the chances of getting near the front without being one of those douches that charge up there and push people out of the way = Nil.

Bummer....was looking forward to this being my first NM experience, but without them, I'm not paying 26-30 bucks to see SX and bothering with the travel and parking.