Now Annette out of Nightwish

I saw one other ProgPower t-shirt in the crowd, first time I've seen one in Portland. If you're on here, sorry I didn't have a chance to say much other than "nice shirt".

Hey I thought that might be you. But dont give portland to much credit cause I live in Seattle haha :). Its nice to put a face to the forum name, Ive seen you at a bunch of shows.

Ok my review of the Portland show: AMAZING again! I’m hoping the majority of these people that have gotten to see these special shows so far are realizing what they are watching though. Justin ran into some kids he had met at a Sanctuary show who looked at him like he had two heads when he said how excited he was to being seeing Floor perform. We also overheard another conversation where they said 'wow I guess finding a professional singer isn’t that hard seems like they are a dime a dozen'. I’m happy people are getting exposed to NW with a singer who can do the old material but it stabs a little when you realize there are so many misinformed or uneducated fans. Other than that though Floor was on fire again! And again received extremely well, the crowds have had so much energy; it makes me proud of the west coast metal scene. And thank you, thank you to her she had more Floor flare on stage last night! In Seattle I am pretty positive that she didn’t sing with Marco on the Islander, but she did in Portland. It was great, although the only song she seemed a little less at ease with. I should also report something that happened at both shows but to which I forgot to mention on Mondays show. During Amaranth, when the breakdown hits around 2:34 in, Marco makes fun of Anette’s whiney voice! He just sings in a whah whah voice her part! I will say that Tuomas and Floor leave the stage for this part. Which I understand as this is obviously a stab at what people already say about Anette’s voice and I’m sure they don’t want to be part of THAT drama. It was pretty funny in my opinion though. I just hope Tuomas realizes that Floor IS the perfect fit for a new era of NW, please keep her with you as I now see NW doing even more amazing things than ever before with their music in the future if she stays on! If any of you reading live in or near cities still to come on this tour do NOT miss this, you will sorely regret it if you do!

I AM FULL OF HATE AND ANGER FOR SOME REASON AND FEEL THAT ANNETTE WAS A PERSONAL AFFRONT TO ME MUCH LIKE STINGRAY HATES ON TARJA EVERY TIME A NIGHTWISH THREAD COMES UP EXCEPT THESE TWO.

Dude, we get it, (delete-Glenn)

Addendum:

While I actually chuckled at the sentiment, you need to elevate your game on this forum instead of just firing off like you were on blabbermouth. -Glenn

watching that 22 minute video made me SO jealous of everyone that gets to see it. Seeing the older material done so well even on shaky cam youtube footage revitalizes my excitement in Nightwish.

Addendum:

While I actually chuckled at the sentiment, you need to elevate your game on this forum instead of just firing off like you were on blabbermouth. -Glenn

Fair enough. I'd just had enough of him and everyone else endlessly railing on Annette this entire thread. It's like a pack of wolves hunting an injured deer as it's trying to leave the forest. (Jesus christ I need to stop listening to so much power metal).

Listening to some of those clips with Floor, I am SO JELLY!! I kept saying to myself "G-D! Why couldn't it have happened sooner?" I would have gladly traded my 2 shows in Atlanta for just one of the ones currently going on!

I'd be interested in experiencing a Floor-fronted NW for sure, but I'm incredibly grateful I got the chance to see Anette perform in Atlanta. It was a real treat to watch her perform. The band has been able to tackle moods and nuances on the latest record that they could have never pulled off with Tarja, which made for some really interesting and enjoyable material... and Anette's performance on stage really helped that material come alive.

I understand how Anette's tenure with the band was unsustainable and I recognize that moving on was inevitable... I'm just really glad I got the chance to see that iteration of the band before the opportunity passed.

- Chris

I'd be interested in experiencing a Floor-fronted NW for sure, but I'm incredibly grateful I got the chance to see Anette perform in Atlanta. It was a real treat to watch her perform. The band has been able to tackle moods and nuances on the latest record that they could have never pulled off with Tarja, which made for some really interesting and enjoyable material... and Anette's performance on stage really helped that material come alive.

I understand how Anette's tenure with the band was unsustainable and I recognize that moving on was inevitable... I'm just really glad I got the chance to see that iteration of the band before the opportunity passed.

- Chris

+1

I liked Annette, both on stage and especially on Imaginarium, but I am really, really intrigued to see how Floor does the new stuff, and from what I've seen of Floor singing it, I think Tarja could've rocked the hell out of Imaginarium, as well.

I think I could've gone to the N.O. show, but apparently we're having a Welcome Home party for a military buddy that night, which takes precedence imo.

To anyone that makes that show, please let us know how it was. HoB NO is the smallest venue on the tour, which leads me to believe it might have the most personal and powerful performances in it.

I'm going to reserve my opinion till I hear something a bit better than phone video. But, from what I heard it just wasn't working for me, as far as the Imaginarium list went. She's good for the old stuff, but the Anette stuff is going to require a change in the way Anette had to "remake" Tarja's songs.

Was not planning to attend this show in Tempe (since that will make the third time in less than a month), but...ticket just purchased! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

I can't stand newer Nightwish, not the singer's fault though. I'm just bored of those damn poppy metal songs with disco drum beats. I simply can' get into it. That's some seriously wicked money that Tuomas apparently makes though, good for them.

:confused: I'm wondering if maybe you've got some Evanescence and Lacuna Coil mp3s mislabeled as Nightwish. Name any song since "I Wish I had an Angel" that's had a synthesized "disco" drumbeat. Big, soaring symphonic sections are pretty much the opposite of what most of us would recognize as "pop".