Now Annette out of Nightwish

The Nightwish machine chewed her up and spit her out *really* fast; I don't think she was ever ready to be part of a band this big.

I would see them again with Floor fronting. I would see them with Elize (did she do Slow Love Slow in Denver?). I wouldn't see them again with Annette. I love Imaginairum, but I lost a lot of respect for them at the two shows in Atlanta.

I wouldn't say that having a creative voice means it's "just a band".. especially if she's been there for 2 albums. I'm also not a huge Nightwish fan so this isn't breaking my heart or anything. I just think it's weird that they gave her the ole heave-ho after one sad little blog post. I assume there were other issues at play, there. Maybe she wasn't getting along with them and they needed an excuse to get rid of her. No idea.
You don't can someone and fly in a replacement singer mid-tour because you're mildly unhappy, or over one blog post...there's way too much money on the line, as AngraRULES already pointed out, to make the change if it's not absolutely necessary.

You don't can someone and fly in a replacement singer mid-tour because you're mildly unhappy, or over one blog post...there's way too much money on the line, as AngraRULES already pointed out, to make the change if it's not absolutely necessary.

Exactly, that's what I figured too.

I've been a fan of music much longer than I've been a member of bands, and it does kind of make me sad to see a band member relegated to the role of employee. I guess Nightwish is just a little more like KISS than I realized. This will make it harder for me to get invested as a fan in the next lineup.

Exactly. That alone just shows the magnitude of the situation. It's Nightwish. Floor isn't stupid. She wouldn't dare turn that down.

Does Anette even realize what this could do to her career? Or her bank account? :lol:

I'll be seeing them tomorrow night here in Portland. I hate watching band drama unfold in public...but I have to admit I'm really exciting to see Floor perform a full set as I never got to see her with After Forever.

I'll be seeing them tomorrow night here in Portland. I hate watching band drama unfold in public...but I have to admit I'm really exciting to see Floor perform a full set as I never got to see her with After Forever.

I saw Floor perform with After Forever a few years back. Let me just say how jealous I am of everyone who gets to see her fronting Nightwish. I really hope they do a 2nd leg of the US tour next year with her again. That would rule.

I'll say again, shes a pop singer in a metal band. She wanted out.

Guessing NW will finish out tour with replacement, then do an all-hands call for auditions. It's Roy Khan all over again....

They need a singer with touring chops, because it seems to me like that is what keeps killing vocalists.

I've been a fan of music much longer than I've been a member of bands, and it does kind of make me sad to see a band member relegated to the role of employee. I guess Nightwish is just a little more like KISS than I realized. This will make it harder for me to get invested as a fan in the next lineup.

What kind of impression were you under, exactly? This has been the case since long before Annette, maybe even as far back as 2002 in this band. Nightwish is a business.

Don't forget, Anette did mention a cyst (or lump of some kind) that they found on her liver while she was in the hospital. So I admit that there might be other things going on in the speculation machine, there's also the chance of a perfectly good reason (on top of the fact that they are in a "show must go on" mode).

From the way she spoke before, probably not. I doubt she thought speaking up would result in being fired... eesh!

Again, you don't slam the people who sign your check and expect to keep receiving it.

As nailz pointed out to me this morning, post from Anette:

"I love my new Chanel ballerinas I bought in new York:) comfy and cute!"

Looks like someone may have to return them now, ROFL.

I've been a fan of music much longer than I've been a member of bands, and it does kind of make me sad to see a band member relegated to the role of employee.

You must not know much about big, money-making bands then... Sorry bud. There's a reason why it's called the music business.

Again, you don't slam the people who sign your check and expect to keep receiving it.

I wonder if she knew this was coming, then? Maybe if she really is sick (cyst in her liver?) she knew she'd have to leave anyway? No idea.

You must not know much about big, money-making bands then...

That's my guitarist. He knows about music being a business. Just because we have to live with it and work with it doesn't mean we have to like it.

What kind of impression were you under, exactly? This has been the case since long before Annette, maybe even as far back as 2002 in this band. Nightwish is a business.

I'm not a huge fan or follower of theirs. My default assumption about bands is that they are, well...bands. I guess I don't see the point of being in a band like that, I'm sure they could have stuck it out with auditions a little longer and found someone that they would be friends with and treat as an equal. It's not like these guys are getting wealthy off of Nightwish, they probably make just an OK living, so why put up with someone you don't really like or want as an equal member of your group?

My personal philosophy is that I won't be in a band with anyone I wouldn't want to have in my home or go hang out with outside of the band. Life's too short.