PP USA VII: DVD News

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
The actual concert footage is essentially complete. However, the backstage footage still has to be looked at. I do not have a specific timeline for the release yet, but we are still hoping for a December release. The tracklisting and a preview clip should be available by the end of the week. Two artists have chosen not to participate: Leatherwolf & Jorn.

With Leatherwolf, it was simply a matter of having already shot dvd footage in Europe previously that year. It's also perfectly understandable with Wade leaving that they choose to focuse their energy elsewhere. I wish them the best of luck.

As for Jorn, we tried. We did *everything* in our power to get just a single song and were unable to get his permission. I will not comment on this further. I apologize to those that were expecting him to be on the dvd, but once again, we did *everything* possible to persuade him to participate and it just didn't happen for reasons that remain a mystery to me.

Glenn

Disappointing about Jorn, but not totally unexpected.

He put on one hell of a show, though. Perhaps it's best if it's just retained in memory as a truly one-night event...

Rock on!

Well Stars definitely shouldn't have been on there. Unless the recordings picked up all the times that the sound failed for us listeners (i.e. certain singers mics not working, and guitars not working).

Which only reminds me of my sadness when we couldn't hear IA's guitar for his solo during Evergrey's set.

-----

Jorn also might be considering doing a DVD release of his own. Not that this should really conflict.

----

Either way, I look forward to the performances. Especially those of the opening bands who I missed this year.

Well that sucks about Jorn. So Glenn, does that mean Stars will NOT be on the dvd now?

That's really shitty. Not that I'm a fan of Jorn, but I think it sucks that because one person says no that all others have to go along with it.

What happened to Democracy?

That's too bad that one has to ruin it for many. I understand not wanting to have your own set on there, but ego, perfectionism, disappointment aside, I still think having to forgo the stars finale really bites ass.

-Metal

I agree... I would have loved to see the Stars finale on the DVD, but with all the audio/technical problems, I expected that they wouldn't be able to salvage the performance anyway.

I was hoping to get a song or two from Jorn just because he put me to sleep and I wanted to see what I missed. :)

Perhaps David Coverdale got wind of all the, ummm, covers that Jorn did and threatened to sue? :lol:

Agreed it would have been cool to see on the dvd, but it's still gonna be great to get that dvd when it comes out. Thanks for all the efforts Glenn.

I could really care less about either band being on there. Not a really a fan of either. As long As I get Mercenary, Zero Hour, Epica and Freak Kitchen I'm cool :)