PP USA VII: DVD News

now does that mean that both Leatherwolf and Jorn will be on the cd still, Glenn?

Well Holy Fucking Hell. I bought my copy just because it said Jorn was gonna be on it. So much for true advertising!

Yeah I think this kind of thing could effect pre-sales for the DVD in the upcoming years. But if you don't pre-order you might not get one. But if they are selling this they need to state that not all bands my appear on the DVD clearly somewhere before selling it. Because I'm sure Jorn won't be on the CD either, will he? So that's a double shot. I really liked Jorn and I wish he could be on the DVD. Oh well. I think the majority of the folks are just glad they have a DVD in the first place. I'm sure it's a bitch to put together and I bet the profit margin is minimal if at all.

Once again....

It was clearly stated here that not all bands may participate. I do not know how the flyer was worded at the show itself since I was not involved with that, but not once was it said on this forum that all artists would be participating. I said all artists would be given the opportunity to participate. Lucid Lounge advertised based on what I told them I told you guys so there was no attempt to mislead anyone.

I apolgize for any misinterpetation.

I'm pretty sure the DVD said that artists were subject to change when I made the order right after PP.
And as Glenn said. What CD?

Uh. The DVD/CD combo I think he's referring to. I'm sure the CD will only have the songs that are featured on the DVD.

---

As for the Jorn issue. Yes. The company F'ed up by saying that Jorn confirmed. And if it really annoys you that much, take it up with the company. They might offer you a refund. I understand that Jorn confirmed with the recording, but might not have liked the results enough to put them on the DVD. Its his choice.

Bands that have confirmed as of 9/12/06

Evergrey/jorn

Epica

Freak Kitchen

vision devine/mercenary

Savage Circus

Pyramaze

Circle II Circle/Circus Maximus

all sales are final

Still though charging the same amount when one of the headliner's backed out just does not seem fair when the company CONFIRMED Jorn was participating.

On their main page. I copied/pasted what they still have on their site in my previous thread.

Ok..I have no idea why that was up there as it was a mistake on their part. I can say that we were led to believe that we were going to get a single song if the footage was good and then we got *nothing*. I guess "good" is in the eye of the beholder. If that footage shows up later on somewhere else, then you will understand my frustration even further.

The fairest thing to do is offer a refund now to anyone that wants one before the dvd ships. Just email Lucid Lounge and they will take care of it. However, the overall price will not be dropped because of Jorn's refusal to participate.

You now have the opportunity to get every single cent back you spent. There should be no further complaints against myself or Lucid Lounge.

I aint cancelling my order - there will lots of other fun stuff on there. Will I be bummed that some of Jorn's isnt on there - yeah, coz he rocked the place (a bit more original/less covers would have been cool, as this was probably my only chance to see him live).
Most of the bands I want to see are still on there - as well as the people of progpower (hopefully) - so mine is still a go. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is a subtle plot to get someone to cancel their order so someone else can swoop in and snag it (just kidding).

jeff

Ok..I have no idea why that was up there as it was a mistake on their part. I can say that we were led to believe that we were going to get a single song if the footage was good and then we got *nothing*. I guess "good" is in the eye of the beholder. If that footage shows up later on somewhere else, then you will understand my frustration even further.

The fairest thing to do is offer a refund now to anyone that wants one before the dvd ships. Just email Lucid Lounge and they will take care of it. However, the overall price will not be dropped because of Jorn's refusal to participate.

You now have the opportunity to get every single cent back you spent. There should be no further complaints against myself or Lucid Lounge.

I don't think anybody has complaints with you. But that's cool if they are doing it. I hope nobody takes them up though. The more pennies they earn, the greater the chance that will get DVD shoots in the future (I guess the opinions on the goodness of that will vary).

I agree 100%, any kind of footage from the last fest is greatly appreiciated.
Even if Freak Kitchen decided to bail, I'd still want this DVD :)

J-Dubya

Folks;

Instead of jumping down Glenn's throat because of someone else's stupidity, be grateful that the DVD is being made available. I, for one, will be picking it up regardless. Also, you need to put this in its proper context: By appearing on ProgPower on such a short notice, Jorn was doing Glenn a FAVOR. Remember, whether some of you wish to believe it or not, Nevermore SCREWED Glenn, and YOU for that matter, royally. Glenn was in a bind, and reached out to Herr Lande. As I understood it, and if I am wrong BY ALL MEANS CORRECT ME on this, Herr Lande put together a group for the performance. So, in the mind of Herr Lande, he was only obligated to do the show and nothing more. Only a fool who never followed PP would not have known he was a replacement act. This is the reality of the situation.

Peace,
Ray C.

Folks;

Instead of jumping down Glenn's throat because of someone else's stupidity, be grateful that the DVD is being made available. I, for one, will be picking it up regardless. Also, you need to put this in its proper context: By appearing on ProgPower on such a short notice, Jorn was doing Glenn a FAVOR. Remember, whether some of you wish to believe it or not, Nevermore SCREWED Glenn, and YOU for that matter, royally. Glenn was in a bind, and reached out to Herr Lande. As I understood it, and if I am wrong BY ALL MEANS CORRECT ME on this, Herr Lande put together a group for the performance. So, in the mind of Herr Lande, he was only obligated to do the show and nothing more. Only a fool who never followed PP would not have known he was a replacement act. This is the reality of the situation.

Peace,
Ray C.

You think February was too close to September for him to prepare?

So if two bands dropped out, that means there's more room for Freak Kitchen songs, right? Right?!?:p

Whoever is on it or not, I just think it's cool we get a DVD of some of the show. I can't wait to watch this.

dt

Good point Magius. And I don't think Jorn put together that group on the fly so to speak. I believe that most of those members played on the last couple of albums for Jorn. And people aren't jumping down Glenn's throat. They are basically jumping down the people throat who put out the DVD. Big difference. People are well within their rights to do that.

Folks;

As I understood it, and if I am wrong BY ALL MEANS CORRECT ME on this, Herr Lande put together a group for the performance.
Peace,
Ray C.

Ray - I know you are defending Glenn, and I agree with the rest of your post (and general meaning),, but just to correct - that is the same band line-up (except bass - Morty Black ex TNT) that I saw them in Norway in April of 2006 at the Karmoygeddon fest