Prog Power 1 Attendee's

Bear said:
You mean in the ceiling!!!!! Sorry Tompa if your reading, I just have to post this pic again, it was kind of funny how low the ceiling was at that place!!!

eg14.jpg

o_O

Bear

Ahhh...the memories. :headbang: I kept thinking that had to be painful.

Stacy

One thing I couldnt believe was seeing SX take down their own rigs. They pretty much handled all their own stuff. I can't imagine they still have to do that.

It was crazy watching them slay and then simply remain onstage to pack up their gear. I remember at the time thinking, "damn, I would do that job for free."

Meteornotes said:
I was there. Pain Of Salvation's set is still one of the best shows I've ever seen.

dt

+1000. They've never quite lived up to that again. Lots o' memories of that weekend - first I couldn't get off the damn plane once we landed, and then I couldn't leave on Sunday...

Great show, terrible air travel. :Spin:

Kevin Madden said:
Sure, I was at pp1. I miss the winter dates, to be honest. It was a good excuse to go somewhere. Not necessarily somewhere warmer (Chicago vs. California at the time), but somewhere.

I kind of miss the vibe of Powermad, where there were so many new bands to get into at the vendor tables. Now, with the advent of better internet cd vendors and the proliferation of anonymous, bland prog metal bands, I barely buy any cds at the festival. I will always buy a gold badge to support the scene (and Glenn) but unless there are some drastically good additions to this year's fest, I foresee missing this one. Those headline bands would have to be awesome. Powermad will always have the barbque joint, bar fights, dumb chicks dressed in plastic wrap, and plenty of time to chat with new and old friends. (Someone grabbing your ass again, Alicia?) PP is better music, but not as good for community because there are just too many people I don't know :)

Kevin

I think you need to come to Powerfest. It's more like Powermad, just with better logistics and sound...

Don't forget the singing burritos, though...

I was there too, & every year since, & yeah Bear, you're right..what a trip that we're already heading into PPUSA7..time flies!

I sorta miss the Powermad vibe too..those were good times, though the show was logistically nightmarish at times.

Bear said:
Well 5 years later and I can honestly say I have made some pretty great friendships that I am sure will last a long time...

So I would like to see how many of us still come to the website, so this is a poll of sorts.. Shout it out!!!

Bear
.....Hey Bear....wonderful friendships for sure!! I feel like we're closer than ever...lol...considering I live in your town now!!!! :loco: whuddda-thunk?

I had a pass and an airline ticket to PPI, but had to miss it the last minute due to a family emergency. I've been at every one since....

I've met some of the best people in my life at PP....my extended family.....awe...sniff....I miss you guys!

eaeolian said:
That's OK, we'll never live down the Snapple bottles from '99, so I'm there with ya...

Clear Snapple!

I had wanted to go to #1, but I couldn't make it for whatever reason, probably financial. I made it to #2, however...

eaeolian said:
I think you need to come to Powerfest. It's more like Powermad, just with better logistics and sound...

Don't forget the singing burritos, though...

Logistics?,Powermad?

Just remember sitting outside the venue Powermad 2001,2 hours late,watching Keith walk out with a cardboard sign that said
"METAL FESTIVAL with an arrow that he nailed to a pole outside the venue
that said it all
funniest moment ever

Naah, the funniest moment ever was when the lady came up to a few of us standing outside & said "Have you seen a guy with long hair wearing a black t-shirt?" :lol: Classic Powermad moment.

Bad Girl Tess said:
I know this is like a "people who attended progpower 1 ONLY" type thread but why start following the rules now? :loco:

My parents went to PP1 (CAUSE THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I was like WHAT? You guys are crazy....especially when my mom wouldn't shut up about it afterwards, haha. I attended 2 and have been every year since ....guess I'm CRAZY too :)

:D

If that makes me crazy then guilty as charged :)

PP1 was amazing. Any other parents at PP1 with kids currently attending? We may be the oldest, but we ARE the coolest. :headbang:

POS at PP1 is the single most perfect set I have ever witnessed. Glenn is the man, but he already knows that.

FYI - Gonzo is a daddy now for whoever was asking how he was doing. We had dinner in his parent's restaurant a few weeks ago and visited with his dad and cousin. I hear he is doing great, has an adorable little baby and is still rockin.
Ma

jaimek said:
I had wanted to go to #1, but I couldn't make it for whatever reason, probably financial. I made it to #2, however...

Couldn't make it PPI since we were getting ready to move to Michigan ("no, we can't fly out to Chicago, we're moving in a month!" - I regret saying that) and couldn't make Powermad 2000 since it was, what, a week after I got married?

lol. Damned major life events.

My favorite Powermad moment is a bunch of us staring at the official show shirt, trying to figure out what band was currently on stage, since there were no annoucements of any sort during the show. And while we were looking at the shirt, we found a couple of spelling errors.

I still occasionally go over to that BBQ place in the parking lot. Still some of the best BBQ ever!

dt

My favorite Powermad moment is a bunch of us staring at the official show shirt, trying to figure out what band was currently on stage, since there were no annoucements of any sort during the show. And while we were looking at the shirt, we found a couple of spelling errors.

HAHA!!!!

I have the Powermad 2000 comp in front of me now... let's see:

Jag Panzer - "Hello To Pay"
Raven - "Seven Shadesr"
Nocturual Rites - "Destiny Calls"

or how about this:

6) Control Denied - "Captives of Babylon"
7) Attacker - "Captives of Babylon" :lol:

Octorber 31 - "Meet Thy Maker"

... and the best typo of all, the one that had my friends and I laughing for hours on end:

11) Overlorde - "Snow Gaint"

13) Overlorde - "Snow Gaint"

... the typo so nice, Keith included it twice! :lol: :lol:

And that's only on the track listing... there are tons of spelling and contact info errors in the booklet... plus, the back cover says "Sound Sampler IV" (meaning, the fourth annual installment of the Powermad sampler), but the spine says "Sound Sampler IX"... maybe Keith had to travel into the future to print the spine? :lol:

ahh... the things we used to let promoters get away with... ;)