ProgPower USA VIII: 4th Slot bands confirmed

Maybe because his attitude sucks? I mean, dude, I don't tend to like too much power metal, but I don't generally diss the fans. That's pretty shitty. About as shitty as those who diss prog metal fans as a group. The point is: is name-calling necessary because the band whose ass your head is up isn't headlining?

Shaye

Well said.
:headbang:

You're exactly right if you go by the number of bands. But Paul is right, because as it stands now it's a bit top heavy with Power. Another Power band in the last slot makes 3 of 4 top bands power. Just for the record... that would suit me just fine.

Every year I've heard this "it's tipped toward power" statement. Every single year.

Every year I've heard this "it's tipped toward power" statement. Every single year.

It usually is. Even the "prog" bands often have a lot of power elements in their music. It's been said there are a lot more power fans than prog fans so it makes sense it tends to lean power. But you still never want to go TOO far on the power side so that you alienate the prog fans enough to skip the show.

I'd love Adaigo to be chosen as the next band as I've recently gotten into this band. I would have had a chance to go to this years PPUSA but had to nix that so I wouldn't get killed for not having any money for me and my wife's 30th anniversary that was this past Nov 22(uhhh a Iron Skillet hurts,ya know?). I'm gonna make a serious effort to go to next years if Possible(another thought bring back Epica,I cried when I saw the footage of what I missed,red's my new favorite color....)

You're exactly right if you go by the number of bands. But Paul is right, because as it stands now it's a bit top heavy with Power. Another Power band in the last slot makes 3 of 4 top bands power. Just for the record... that would suit me just fine.

It's usually top heavy with power, simply because most of the biggest bands in this genre are the power bands.

Maybe because his attitude sucks? I mean, dude, I don't tend to like too much power metal, but I don't generally diss the fans. That's pretty shitty. About as shitty as those who diss prog metal fans as a group. The point is: is name-calling necessary because the band whose ass your head is up isn't headlining?

Shaye
I 3rd that! It's perfectly fine to let us know that you don't like a band. everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll even respect someone more who will articulate why. But to diss the fans...I can't see a justification for that. The bands that play ProgPower, like them or not, love them or hate them, have something to be respected about them. Otherwise, Glenn wouldn't qualify them to play this premiere festival. Therefore the fans should be respected for having their tastes and opinions of these bands.