ProgPower USA VIII: 4th Slot bands confirmed

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Due to a leak in my organization and the rumor mill going wild, I have decided to confirm two more bands. As I stated in another thread, I do NOT have the final band confirmed so do not expect another announcement anytime soon.

Pagan's Mind & Primal Fear are your 4th slots.

Interesting choices. Oddly I hadn't heard these rumors. I just started getting into Primal Fear the other day. Great stuff. I haven't listened to much Pagan's Mind. But I will check them out further. I know a lot here love them.

OH HELLS YEAH!!! PAGANS MIND!!! WOOHOO!!!

Thank you Glenn! I promise I'll never miss another PPUSA! I missed Pagan's Mind at PP4 and then discovered how much I love their music after the fact. But NEVER AGAIN! :saint:

And Primal Fear is great too! I liked their earlier stuff but lost track of them for the last two or three albums. I'll have to go check them out again!

:headbang: Thanks Glenn! :kickass:

Reactions: Heavenly Call
I'm not stunned or jumping with joy, but those are still two solid choices. Pagan's Mind has gotten a lot of clamor around the boards. Primal Fear isn't a band I'm real familiar with, but their material is solid. (Not that you make your picks to make me jump for joy).

So, who's the 5th band??? (Just kidding!)

Glenn, one thing does jump out at me - you mentioned how you weren't using the boards as your barometer, and yet I recall that Sonata, Redemption, and Pagan's Mind were all very big on the band polls. I'm looking forward to the post to see how this year was built.

Steve in Philly (who is a bit disappointed that the rumor mill is going wild and leaks are happening, and yet I've heard not ONE rumor or leak. I have to start hanging out with a better crowd!)

WOW!!!! Great choices and they were on my list yesterday. This lineup is getting better and better by the day.

Don't know about the leaks, but the rumour mill has always been alive and well with PP. People are always taking their guesses and then these guesses start to take on a life of their own. It looks like people are getting their Pagan's Mind wish to come true. I know many have been predicting these guys. And I know Primal Fear is going to make many o' power metal fan happy! Not really my thing, but I think they will do great at PP.

Now to wait around until Symphony X gets announced. ;) One can hope at least!

WOW! amazing! Great! OMG! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Both great choices Glen. This is going to be one hell of a show!

Primal Fear is a GREAT choice. A heavy power metal band that this festival needed.

Pagan's Mind...AWESOME! :OMG: :kickass: :headbang: I got back late on the of Sat PPIV (we got lost coming back from Dahlonega lol), so I missed them. :erk: This makes up for that! Thanks Glenn!

PAGAN'S!!!!!!!!!!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Ohhhhh yes baby YES
Glenn you ROCK!!

(although disturbed to hear of a 'leak' within your cabal....)

I always have a few bands I am not familiar with and then come out really liking every year - but going IN this year, Vanden Plas, Redemption, Threshold and Pagans......... geez that was pretty much my main wish list for 07.........

This is pretty much the solid lineup/core group of bands for my personal tastes (bands that I not only go into the show 'knowing' but go in seriously LOVING) that it is reminding me of PP II and the first year I went due to the strength in a similar 'core' group of bands....

I am an extremely happy camper right now and anything else announced for the festival is just gravy. :heh:

:kickass: You da man Glenn.