Purchases you were really fucking disappointed with?

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
Consider this a vent thread for people like me who go out and spend their hard earned money on a CD that you are so disappointed with you just want to grate a crowbar down someone's back and shove it up their ass before making them eat it.

The CD I purchased that caused me this anger is none other than.... Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory. Now this is only a post to vent and to state that I am disappointed by this CD tremendously. How badly I wish I could've slapped myself yellow for even thinking of buying this thing had I known I would hate it so while I was at the store.

Matthew Barlow's vocals are the worst I have ever heard in my life on this disc. Every single song I have heard on this piece of shit is filled with his irritatingly dry ear grating itch inducing shouts. I am not referring to every song of course seeing as I turned it off well past halfway through the "album" to save myself further torturous endurance.

The last Iced Earth CD I bought before this one was Dark Saga and I did not like it at all. It was placed in my CD player only a few times before I decided the CD would never spin again.

I have no problem with the album Horror Show which seems to be the only one I have heard that really shows off Barlow's potential. But to be quite honest, unless they can seriously top that they will see no further purchases from this sucker again.

Now this is not a thread starring or featuring my newfound hatred for Iced Earth, this is a thread for anyone who was ever disappointed with any CD purchases they have made and would like to share. I mean no offense and disrespect to any Iced Earth fans on here and I hope those of you who are will see this as a mere expression of opinion and see it and treat it as only that to save all hell from breaking loose.

Its hard to like everything, lots of people dislike Barlows voice, I happen to like it. The last cd I bought that I really didn't like very much was... Manowar "Warriors Of The World". The only explaination I can give is that I hate every second of this cd, and it taught me never to buy before listening to at least 2 or 3 tracks. I am very careful when I buy cd's, considering I don't have that much money. I very rarely buy something that I'm not sure I'll like.

Well... what do you expect? It's Iced Earth! :yuk:

Some disappointing discs I've gotten recently:

Masterplan - I liked it someone on first listen... but it gets worse with each listen... I can't believe Jorn left ARK for this generic crap! The music is so boring! :yuk:

Originally posted by WhoFooldU
oh that's easy....

Pagan's Mind - Celestial Entrance.

It's a long story, but let's just say that my review caused a disturbance in the force ;)

Glenn

That review is legendary.

Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame

Its my own fault, cause I wasn't too thrilled with anything Ive heard before this...but...my girlfriend loves them so I thought Id give em a 2nd chance :p Actually to be fair, I think Knightrider of Doom, despite the very gay title, is a pretty cool song, but I couldnt even finish listening to that last track when the narrator came in.

Dream Theater- Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

Who the fuck convinced them that they could make good music out of JR improvisations and ripoffs? Easily the worst DT album ever, generic and boring music with as much soul as a slab of granite rock.

Originally posted by Harp Heaven

Who the fuck convinced them that they could make good music out of JR improvisations and ripoffs? Easily the worst DT album ever, generic and boring music with as much soul as a slab of granite rock.

I agree, I was hugely dissappointed with this...I was dissappointed with Falling into Infinity, but I really like Metropolis part II. So I had my hopes up, should have known better. This album is definitely their worst. Way to drawn out and just mediocre at best. There are some cool parts on it, but it takes you 30 minutes to get from one to the next because it is so damn long! Bigger is not always better :lol:

For others...I am dissapointed with Marty Friedman's new solo album, even though I don't have it, I heard most of the music from his web site. what the hell is up with Cheergirl Rampage?! It sounds like he is trying to appeal to bands like No Doubt and say, "Hire me, Hire me!" I can play your POP music!

I have learned from most of my mistakes so I haven't bought anything recently that I've been dissapointed with, except for Joe Satriani's Strange Beautiful Music, but I kind of expected that since he was never that good anyway.

Oh, David Lee Roth's A little aint enough I bought just cuz becker is on it. And the two songs he wrote he does awesome solos on, but the rest seem pretty tame for him, and the music is just boring. Wannabe Van Halen, but worse.

There are many others, but I can't think right now.

Originally posted by Harp Heaven

Agreed.