The Purchases Thread

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
Much like the 'I bought the coolest cd' thread over at the Dungeon/Lord forum, I thought we could have a single on going thread for people to post their hauls and other purchases in. I will start.

Yesterday I bought:

Sepultura - Dante XXI
In Flames - The Jester Race/Black-Ash Inheritance
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment

I look forward to chucking on the new Seps this arvo.

Last week I bought:

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime II
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium

Still haven't listened to them yet. Well, I've listened to half of the Ryche one, not da Peps though. I never get time.

Got my hands on the Chili Peppers one, it is actually a bloody good album, they cover all the styles they have laid down in 20 years of recording, there is some real shit, but then there is some fucking awesome gear, but I reckon d/load a few tracks before going and spending the dough on a 2 disc album you mightn't listen too

Blitzkrieg said:
In Flames - The Jester Race/Black-Ash Inheritance
Listening to this now, holy shit I didn't expect the songs from the ep to be so good. I am not the biggest fan of In Flames (besides The Jester Race, which I love) so just thought it was a nice bonus, but it is an awesome bonus. Tacks onto the end of the album very nicely.

If RHCP could do more funky stuff I'd be more willing to give them a go. Too much of what I hear of them is bland and radio-friendly.

I havne't listened to In Flames for a while. Both Whoracle and The Jester Race are great, with the latter being heavier.