The Purchases Thread

Well both RHCP and Pearl Jam have realeased bloody good albums just a few weeks apart, they may have burnt out a while ago, but in the case of PJ it seems like they have got a bit of the fire back, as for RHCP, I nevr thought they lost it

RHCP have had some good stuff here and there. Pearl Jam on the other hand really just seem to be drifting along in first gear. You could say that about many bands that have been around for over 15 years, but not all. I think Maiden are a great example of a band that that doesn't apply to. Dance Of Death is a shit hot album that is on a par with some of their older material. I don't think many would say that about what Pearl Jam have done in more recent times.

I use to love PJ, but after.. yield and no code- they just didn't interest me. Those two albums put me off. The first two albums are still good to listen to.. New one might be interesting..

Whoracle and Jester Race are good, though I prefer JEster. Great album. Didn't mind Colony either, it had its moments.

Picked up Therion's 'Celebrators of Becoming'. Haven't had a chance to go through all the material (4 DVDs), but damn the live show looks and sounds good.

Also picked up Eternal Tears of Sorrow's new album 'Before the Bleeding Sun'. I think it's a pretty good album :) Perhaps not as strong as their previous two releases, but still very cool.

Stuff on its way to me from Ebay:

WASP: remastered digipaks of the first album, The Last Command and Live In The Raw. It's time I bought some more of their stuff. I wanted Inside The Electric Circus too, but nobody had it :bah:.

Black Sabbath: Symptom of The Universe 1970-78. Complete waste of money when I already have Black Box but I'm a sucker for collections like this, especially when they're packaged and presented so well.

W

For people who want to buy something different, I highly recommend the best album of the year, "We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions" by Bruce Springsteen.

Wrathchild said:
WASP: remastered digipaks of the first album, The Last Command and Live In The Raw. It's time I bought some more of their stuff. I wanted Inside The Electric Circus too, but nobody had it :bah:.

Excellent stuff! The only thing you're really missing from The Electric Circus would be Restless Gypsy..

Wrathchild said:
Dude, what about the title track, 9-5 Nasty and I Don't Need No Doctor? Have you no pulse, sir?

W

No Sir, you misunderstand. They, and Shoot From The Hip, are excellent - but you have the live versions of said songs on ...In The Raw. So the only thing you really need to hear from Electric Circus is Restless Gypsy. I'm Alive is ok too.

Just got my first ever KISS CD!

Revenge!

Only $20 and I knew I had to get a KISS CD eventually! Loving it to the maxx so far! Unholy has some of the best 'yeahs' in the chorus ever.

All my mates have KISS Greatest Hits CDs... but I'm not a fan of Greatest Hits/Best Ofs... so when I finally saw an actual album in the store I thought BANG IMA GET IT.

Spiff said:
For people who want to buy something different, I highly recommend the best album of the year, "We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions" by Bruce Springsteen.

Me. Want.

On the topic of The Boss: Any Live DVDs you recommend Spiff? I really want some more live Boss action, especially after listening to the 3 CD 1975 - 85 set.

And in regards to Crazy Nights - yes, I've been meaning to get it for ages.. what I've heard off it makes me shit my pants to no end. But Revenge is soiling my pants very well for now!

Purchases I want, but JB Hi-Fi Adelaide didn't have :mad:

House of Lords - House of Lords
Giuffria - Giuffria
Enslaved - Ruun

Oh, I'd also like to mention that the Kingdom Come album I bought - Hands of Time is an absolute fucking CLASSIC and I love it to bits.

Especially the song "Should I" ... wow. That song blows me away so damn much!

edit: Just found that Should I has a film clip on YouTube, so dig in fuckers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEpWfwTao_o

Ceydn, definitely get his NYC and Barcelona DVDs. Excellent, excellent stuff. I haven't watched his gig from the Born to Run rerelease, never get time to, but I'm sure it'll be tops as well.

Why do I always confuse Kingdom Come with Thunder? Didn't their record labels compare them too closely with Led Zep and ruin both their careers or something? One of you must know the story. If so, please fill me in.

W