Your latest CD purchases

en_vivo_blu-ray-17687359-frntl.jpg

Got it yesterday. I prefer the latest songs with this Live mix, better than the album mix. Camera/angle changes can be a bit too frequent and disjoined. In the same song Dave can be playing his Strat one minute and his LP the next and back again (Blood Brothers I think it was). They filmed 2 nights and hashed parts together I guess. Adrians Lead tone is great. He was using a JCM2000 DSL 100 (I assume no reamping?). Dave and Adrian add some variation to their Leads, keeping the basic structure there beginning and end but spicing up the middle. I don't listen to Gers' leads so don't know what he does. They should just unplug him, lol. Bonus Doco is pretty good too showing preparation/modifying of the plane as well as some lighting and audio/desk setup. Pretty insightful.

meshuggah_koloss_360.jpg

Got the digipack with the documentary. I dont see any 3d glasses or lenticularosity but the booklet does turn into a giant poster version of the cover.

Meshugah - Koloss
Soulfly - Enslaved
Knives Out - Black Mass Hysteria
Every Time I Die - Ex-Lives
Slice The Cake - The Man With No Face
Dying Fetus - Descend Into Depravity
Lamb Of God - Resolution
Korn - The Path Of Totality
Dim Mak - Emergence of Eternity
As I Lay Dying - Decas
Trivium - In Waves
Underoath - Disambiguation
Whitechapel - Recorrupted EP
Mastodon - The Hunter (yep still don't like them :()
Stemm - Cross Roads
The Browning - Burn This World
Tesseract - One
Bury Your Dead - Mosh N' Roll
The Devin Townsend Project - Deconstruction/Ghost (deluxe edition)
Staind - Staind
Read Seas Fire - Read Seas Fire
All Shall Perish - This is Where it Ends
Seether - Holding Onto Strings Better Left to Fray
Emmure - Speaker of the Dead
Periphery - Icarus EP

That about covers back to October last year. There are a handful of other things I have but were not worth mentioning.

Latest CD and DVD purchases:

Epica-%E2%80%93-Requiem-For-the-Indifferent.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIsFBr67GmA&[/ame]

overkill.the_.electric.age_.jpg

DVD_EV_smaller.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImoEiz5iG8M&[/ame]

alterbridgewembley.jpg

joe-bonamassa_beacon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Follow up to my last purchase. I mentioned I purchased Joe Bonamassa's new DVD "Live From New York", well one of the guests he has on the album is a singer from LA by the name of Beth Hart - she sang on a song on Joe "Dust Bowl" album and a recent album the released of covers of some classic soul, blues, jazz numbers, well her performance got me investigating her solo releases and all I can say is she is one of the most powerful singers/songwriters I've come across in my many years. I looked up her back catalog on MOG and have been listening to it almost non-stop. Liking it so much I purchased a concert DVD from a 2004 show she did in Europe.

5151W7RSA2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I know most here predominately listen to metal, but if you are into other stuff, especially if you appreciate great singers, performers, you might like her.

95_draconian_times.jpg

A true classic...

:Spin:

Have you gotten your hands on "Draconian Times MMXI" DVD they released late last year? Great concert with Draconian Times played in full.

I picked up the new Paradise Lost album "Tragic Idol" in the last week and it just won't leave my car's CD player for longer than the time to listen to a few other discs every now and again, but it is getting daily listens - it's so damned good.

Since regaining their metal edge with 2007's "In Requiem" Paradise Lost has proceeded to put out some of the best albums of their long career. "Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us" was one of my favorite albums of 2009 and two live efforts "The Anatomy of Melancholy" and "Draconian Times MMXI" get regular turns in my DVD player and in audio format as well. Needless to say I'm a big fan of Paradise Lost.

The new disc is every bit as good as "FDUDUU" and Jens Bogren's production slays (he also mixed "The Anatomy of Melancholy") - I can't get enough of Greg Mackintosh's lead tone. If you loved old Paradise Lost, you will love this disc. I'm really hoping for a US tour this year sometime other than the "Barge to Hell" cruise in December.

plosttragic.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZHtOutu8AI&[/ame]