Queensryche: 2009 setlist(s) *spoilers*

I wonder if the lack of crowd reaction = their non-energetic performance.
I recall seeing them a few years back. About two thirds of the way through the show, Geoff scolded the audience for not getting into it. He told them they that if they got into it, the band would get into it. And here I thought the band's performance was something they were paid for. Silly me.

Zod

I recall seeing them a few years back. About two thirds of the way through the show, Geoff scolded the audience for not getting into it. He told them they that if they got into it, the band would get into it. And here I thought the band's performance was something they were paid for. Silly me.

Zod

I always thought the band got into and that caused the crowd to get into it. Maybe the crowd just "didn't get it." QR is Prog after all.

Off topic....so does Urban golf?

~Brian~

Sorry to break it to you, but he's already taken.

Yeah, well, like I said, I am just hoping for a better performance. leave my rose-colored glasses alone; I'm having a shitty enough day as it is now. :p

Off topic....so does Urban golf?

Nope... even if he did, he will still be in Sweden by then unfortunately.

They're playing two shows in Chicago? I'm surprised they can draw that many people. Last year when I was in training, they were playing a bar in downtown SLC. It wasn't a big bar.

Have fun guys. I don't expect much from them anymore, so I won't be bothering.

Chicago is actually one of their biggest cities, and they've been selling 2-3 night stands at the House of Blues for the past several years. I went to a lot of those shows, and can vouch for a packed house each time.

Suites? Are they playing any full songs? It would really bug me to hear nothing but snippets of songs I love.

Suites, not medleys! They are playing all of those songs, in full. The tour is only focusing on suites of three albums: Rage, American Soldier, and Empire.

that was the most awesome show ever. just got back from hollywood HOB. would have been great to hear more old stuff but rage for order and empire are incredible albums, plus queen of the reich was amazing! first time i've heard it since 1987. the best ever.

I was pleasantly surprised. The new material comes off MUCH heavier live. Seeing Geoff Tate's daughter singing a duet with him was touching, got a great crowd reaction. The new guitar player sounds great, no flubs at all. Wilton did most of the solos, but he got a few of them, mostly harmonic solos with Wilton, but the boy can play. I wish they would have played more off RFO. Tate sounded absolutely amazing, the best I have seen him EVER! The only note he couldn't hit was the high note in Take Hold Of The Flame but the rest of the show was vocally flawless. My favorite part of the band was Scott Rockenfield. The last couple of tours I have seen, to me, he didn't look like he was enjoying himself too much and/or he was losing a bit of his chops. But tonight he was godly. I haven't seen him played with so much energy and excitment since the Empire tour.

GO SEE THIS SHOW!!!

I saw them on the Warning tour opening for Kiss. Vocally Tate was equal to that IMO. I saw the RFO tour them opening for AC/DC and they suffered from really a bad mix plus too much volume. So its hard to compare them to that. I'm as stunned as anybody at what I witnessed last night!

I saw them on the Warning tour opening for Kiss. Vocally Tate was equal to that IMO. I saw the RFO tour them opening for AC/DC and they suffered from really a bad mix plus too much volume. So its hard to compare them to that. I'm as stunned as anybody at what I witnessed last night!

They opened for Kiss? That's a strange combo! I saw them at Radio City opening for Maiden. I was in the second row. One of the best shows I've ever seen. I was completely blown away and the sound was perfecto :headbang:

Are you sure Geoff wasn't lip synching :loco: :p :lol: :lol:

Chicago is actually one of their biggest cities, and they've been selling 2-3 night stands at the House of Blues for the past several years. I went to a lot of those shows, and can vouch for a packed house each time.

Yeah, they do very well here.
I only saw them on the tour where Symphony X opened.
I think they sold out 2 or 3 shows that weekend.

QR has opened for EVERYBODY!! :lol:

KISS, Ozzy, Priest, Heaven and Hell, Maiden, Metallica, etc. As much as the underground prog scene loves them, from a mainstream metal perspective, they will always be second, maybe even third tier.

I like them too, but seriously, would we even have this thread if they never released Mindcrime? Sure, many of their other albums have stellar moments, but they have been living off one album their whole career.

I am a casual fan, but let's face it.
Not many tears would be shed if they threw in the towel today.

QR has opened for EVERYBODY!! :lol:

KISS, Ozzy, Priest, Heaven and Hell, Maiden, Metallica, etc. As much as the underground prog scene loves them, from a mainstream metal perspective, they will always be second, maybe even third tier.

I assume you mean from now on, vis-a-vis big stadium-type tours?

Remember, they were headlining pretty big places for Empire and PL and I know they did some headlining dates for Mindcrime but don't know what size places. For a brief, shining period, they were arguably one of the biggest bands out there.

Also, if they've been "living off" any album, it's Empire--it's we harder core fans who are big O:m fans, but Empire sold them several million albums, and I think PL may even have outsold Mindcrime, at least at the point at which it came out.