Queensryche: 2009 setlist(s) *spoilers*

Because like your fellow Rager Supreme (or the Sub Commander, 8th Rychean Legion--I love Usenet archives! :lol:), you can't resist the pull of the greatest album ever created--many songs being performed live for what may be one last time.

LMAO!! :headbang: I too love the Usenet archives. Need to go back read some of the Golden Age of RMAQ or the Great DT/QR Flame Wars. Great times.

We (quite a few of us here now) have been through a lot of Ryche fandom together and our opinions are many and diverse now (as they seem to have pretty much always really :lol:). That said, it seems that most of the RMAQers who have gone to see them have enjoyed it. Is it 1986? No, but it ain't 2000 again either, thank the gods. ;)

I can't say I had high hopes for American Soldier. However, when I read about the concept behind this album I thought..."Cool". Queensryche from 1988 - 1994 would have slayed this concept into one of the best concept album they'd done. Queensryche from 2009...not so much.

Seriously, I went 6 hours to see it.

You are now hereby promoted to the rank of FULL Rychean Rager Supreme and are herein the Commander of the 9th Rychean Legion. ;-)

Granted, my parents happened to be going to the beach at the time and that made it convenient. I enjoyed it. Spent about half the AS time at the bar and chatting, but RFO and Empire were well worth it to me. Considering it rained most of the time I was at the beach, it was the only bright spot in my trip. :p

Probably be my experience next Thursday as well. I always seem to enjoy Ryche shows regardless of what I think of the new material. Heck I even think I enjoyed the Q2k show with the Klingon and his butchery of all think DeGarmo. :lol:

Later
Phil

I went to the Boston show last night and the band was great. Obviously getting older, the guitar lacked Degarmo, but it was so cool to hear the Rage for Order Tunes. The American Soldier songs went off pretty well, with a good crowd reaction. There was a video screen showing images and clips of interviews done for the album with these songs that were pretty emotional (at least for me). They closed with a bunch of Empire songs that really got the crowd rocking. I was very glad that I went.

I'm supposed to be going to see them next week at The Fillmore in SF. I say supposed to because my buddy and I said we were going when the tour dates were first released but neither of us seem all that excited about it. It's kinda like Queensryche at the Fillmore is a duty that we feel obliged to attend. After 21 Queensryche shows over the last 25 years I have never really been disappointed seeing The Ryche live...well okay the Tribe show in Cupertino was pretty bizarre to say the least.

Anyway. The most telling aspect of where I'm at with Queensryche these days is that I bought American Soldier via iTunes the day it was released. Current play count = 4. Sad. I had actually forgot I bought the album for a couple of weeks. I have actually forced myself to listen to it 4 times. There is absolutely nothing on this album that captures any part of my musical attention. The songs just have no hooks and are flat out boring. Which is really disappointing because the idea for this album is fantastic and should have produced a very interesting album.

So as a Rychean Rager Supreme, I will be highly anticipating hearing many songs from from the greatest album ever created. (if you have to ask which album, you're not a Rychean Rager Supreme). However, I may find myself at the bar for the American Soldier Suite and depending on how tired I am, I may be hitting the door during the Empire Suite to avoid the traffic. Tell me again why I'm going?

Funny I have seen them 21 times too!!! Must be a bay area thing :headbang:

I am really looking forward to this show, irked they missed Atlanta the first go around... but they comin back in November. Thanks for the set list, this is going to be a fun night. I got a lot goin on in between now and then... but November 12th will be another Ryche night I'll never forget.

I went to the Boston show last night and the band was great. Obviously getting older, the guitar lacked Degarmo, but it was so cool to hear the Rage for Order Tunes. The American Soldier songs went off pretty well, with a good crowd reaction. There was a video screen showing images and clips of interviews done for the album with these songs that were pretty emotional (at least for me). They closed with a bunch of Empire songs that really got the crowd rocking. I was very glad that I went.

I was at that show too... i thought Tate sounded great as did the rest of the band, it was WELL WORTH the 32.50 i spent on the ticket!