Queensryche & Dream Theater Co-Headline

Wishmaster said:
Here's hoping that the Iron Maiden tour makes it to Atlanta! :)

--Mike

Latest update from the Maiden camp for US dates seems to have come out today.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/ironmaiden/tour/index.asp

Looks like they start out in the NE, swing through the Northern Midwest at the usual bastions, (Chicago, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, etc.), then make it over to the left coast with the last date listed as Sacramento.

It says more will be added when confirmed so, I'm sure they'll swing back through the southern tier when the weather isn't as brutal like Dallas, Houston, Nawlins, Florida, Hotlanta, and probably, hopefully, either Charlotte or Raleigh,......maybe.

Killer Pup

Well, I'm not waiting for Maiden to hit Atlanta like I did last time--they never did. My butt's going to NYC to see 'em July 30th. Add to that a likely trek to Canada to see the QR/DT/FW tour and my recent trip to England for Marillion, and I'd bet I've got most of y'all beat for "travelling for metal," Mike. ;)

Hey, that sounds like a name for a game show or a reality show!

Shaye

P.S. Yeah, I know Marillion's not "metal," but travelling for shows or travelling for rock 'n' roll don't sound as cool!

lol, Marillion does indeed rock!! With Queensryche's latest shitty offerings and Marillion's kick-ass last album and the conventions, Marillion has usurped Queensryche's long-standing place as favorite band.

Do you read the Marillion newsgroup or any of the other forums? Do you know about the tentative M13 campaign? If not, e-mail me at blackdiamond@mindspring.com and I can tell you *all* about it. ;)

Shaye

I think it should be a triple headline. FW is bad-ass. For some reason I couldn't get into APSOG, but I love all of the other Alder era stuff.
I hope QR plays classics like "Cum on Feel the Noize" as I haven't heard those in years. Of course I am joking, but QR and especially Geoff Tate have put a sour taste in my mouth for years. I'm still a fan, but they need to get their shit together...

Bryant

Demonspell said:
Agreed Bryant, they should get at least 45 min-1 hour or I'll be pissed... :)

I think you're gonna be pissed since they will most likely get 1/2 hour since QR and DT are both headlining. Otherwise the show would go on all night (which wouldn't be a bad thing!). I wish DT and Fates were headlining with ShitRyche opening, but of course that would never happen. Oh well, take what I can get.

Fates will probably get a decent timeframe to prog out I think. Kings X got a good set in at the Atlanta show...seemed like it was almost an hour set, but I didn't time it. So, considering this is Fates Warning who probably helped open doors for bands in this genre, I believe DT & Ryche will give them their propers.

I want to hear more FW as well... but as they've added I Mother Earth to a couple of teh Canada dates, I wonder how that will affect them. Less Fates is *not* a good thing! And I Mother Earth... well, from what I recall, that's like adding insult to injury. :b

Shaye

I will most likely go to the Athens show. I've been to a lot of great shows but have somehow missed all three of those bands. I don't know if I could live with myself missing this show. Still it's Fates that is the deciding factor. If they don't get more than a half hour, I might not go. I wish Zonder and Degarmo would be there as well. I am sure the Spock's Beard guy is a solid drummer, but Zonder is some pretty tough shoes to fill.

Bryant

Hey Steve (Killerpuppy), you mentioned Jaxx in Springfield and also mentioned that they weren't playing south of Baltimore. Just wanted to let you know they are playing in Wilmington, DE. It's just an hour north of Baltimore. Not sure if that is still to far for you or not. They will be playing outdoors on the waterfront. Small cool place. If you can you should try and make it. If you need to stay over that evening I can recommend several cheap hotels. Let me know.

if this line up had happened back in 93,94,95 wouldn't that have been cool. However, now?...whatever! I saw Fates Warning back in...hell I dont even know when it was.....it was the Spectre Within tour w/John Arch...must have been 89,90. Could not imagine seeing any other line-up...let's face it..Alder had a few momments...but nothing to really get excited about.. I really want to talk about Dream Theater, last time I saw them(Six Degrees of Shit Tour...in Atlanta)..Portnoy tossed about a 100 sticks in the air and the rest of the band kicked a soccer ball around on stage.......2 things...1.thank goodness I saw the Images and Words Tour.... and..2.. thank goodness for Symphony X!!!!!

TBomb

Wow... John Arch like, sucks & stuff. And Alder was with FW by 89, IIRC. :)

Admittedly, I'm not as excited as I would have been were all 3 bands at their peaks, but it's still 3 bands I've listened to for half my life. To each their own!

Shaye

Imajica said:
Hey Steve (Killerpuppy), you mentioned Jaxx in Springfield and also mentioned that they weren't playing south of Baltimore. Just wanted to let you know they are playing in Wilmington, DE. It's just an hour north of Baltimore. Not sure if that is still to far for you or not. They will be playing outdoors on the waterfront. Small cool place. If you can you should try and make it. If you need to stay over that evening I can recommend several cheap hotels. Let me know.

Hey Imajica,

Actually, when I said 'Jax', I meant Jacksonville, FL but I could see where you got the Jaxx out of that. Sorry 'bout that.

Hell, if it WAS at Jaxx that would be a real easy ride for me, 'bout 3 hours tops. And it would be cool to see all three of these bands in a club instead of some huge hockey rink.

Been through DE plenty of times (ok, maybe the 19 miles on I-95 really don't count) but never had a chance to go to downtown Wilmington itself. I'm sure it will be a great show and would be great to see but that's adding another hour and a half to my drive so it's a little TOO far at this point, I'm afraid.

Thx for mentioning it though.

- Da Pup