SAVATAGE reunion at Wacken 2015!

I saw them on the poet's tour but I thought Jack couldn't hold up to Al and the Zak's replacement downright sucked!

The Poets tour was fine. Jack was sloppy and not as good as Pitrelli, but he added so much stage presence and its not like the material is technical genius.
Damond Jinaya was fucking incredible for what he was expected to do and to fill in Zakks shoes. He had a powerful voice and when he let it wail, it was spot on. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do in the studio with 'Tage and was kinda bummed that it ended when it did. I still think he would have surprised the naysayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
At ProgPower I have seen Jon Oliva's Pain twice, I have seen Circle II Circle twice, and I have seen Jon Oliva do a small private show. I didn't see Weapons of Mass Destruction, but that was also a thing that happened. Circle II Circle did all of Magellan, which was great! Oliva did all of Streets, which was incredible.

By now, I'm not sure that I need it to be called Savatage to say I've seen Savatage live. I think people just want the logo on a shirt or something at this point.

Damond Jinaya was fucking incredible for what he was expected to do and to fill in Zakks shoes. He had a powerful voice and when he let it wail, it was spot on. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do in the studio with 'Tage and was kinda bummed that it ended when it did. I still think he would have surprised the naysayers.

I agree 100%
I thought Damond killed it and would have LOVED to have heard him on a Savatage record!

Will this show be streamed? Does anyone have a link to the Wacken live streams for this year?

update: http://wacken.com/live/

W:O:A LIVESTREAM 2015: THE FIRST BANDS ARE CONFIRMED!

Today we can reveal the first bands that will be part of our big livestream. You can watch the livestream at www.wacken.com/live. At this page you will also be able to comment the stream together with other Metalheads!

The stream will also be available at www.concert.arte.tv/wacken and you will be able to watch the single shows in the Mediathek after the festival is over.

Please note: Due to legal reasons, the stream will be only available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France.

The list is not conclusive and changes are possible at short notice.

Thursday, 30.07.2015, 17.45 – 23.30 Uhr
17.45 – 19.05 Uhr - In Extremo
19.20 – 20.50 Uhr - tba
21.00 – 22.00 Uhr - New Model Army (recorded)
22.10 – 23.25 Uhr - Uli Jon Roth (recorded)

Friday, 31.07.2015, 15.30 – 03.00 Uhr
15.30 – 16.30 h - At The Gates
16.45 – 17.45 h - Queensryche
18.00 – 19.15 h - Opeth
19.30 – 20.45 h - Dream Theater
21.00 – 22.15 h - tba
22.30 – 23.45 h - In Flames
00.00 – 01.30 h - Running Wild
01.45 – 03.00 h - The BossHoss

Samstag, 01.08.2015, 14.30 – 03.00 Uhr
14.30 – 15.45 h - Amorphis
16.00 – 17.15 h - Danko Jones
17.30 – 18.45 h - Rock Meets Classic
18.55 – 20.10 h - Dream Theater (recorded)
20.15 – 21.15 h - tba
21.15 – 22.00 h - The BossHoss (recorded)
22.00 – 23.30 h - Sabaton (time-displaced)
23.30 – 00.15 h - In Flames (recorded)
00.15 – 01.30 h - Cradle of Filth
01.45 – 02.45 h - Subway to Sally

Hip waders would have been the way to go. I can't remember seeing this much mud before.

**** consider this spoilers, I guess ****

The show started with Savatage on the Black Metal stage (Jon, Chris, Johnny-Lee, Al and Jeff). A little tired this morning, but I believe Gutter Ballet was the opener. Zak came out a few songs later on Edge of Thorns.

A few songs later, the show switched to TSO on the True Metal stage.

After the initial TSO segment, until the end of the night, both stages played simultaneously, with Al with TSO, and Bill Hudson joining the Savatage stage. TSO singers and violinists appeared on both stages. With many songs being done as duets between Jon/Zak and TSO singers - Russell Allen and Zak did an epic duet on a Wake track (drawing a blank right now). Other highlights included Believe and Chance.

Hopefully the show was recorded. There were enough cameras for the screens, etc.

Wow. I can see why people make the trek over to this. That was an EPIC undertaking......two stages, two bands, playing the same songs. Incredible. And the lights and pyro are amazing.

It's happened three times in Atlanta.

Oliva was a guest of the first Circle II Circle set.

Zak was a guest of the last JOP set.

Zak also performed a few acoustic numbers on Jon's Wed night one-man show as well. "All that I Bleed" was just amazing.

That, I dont remember. I was first row for that one-man show and all I remember was that it was Jon and Chris throughout. Also, Zag guested on the JOP set from last year?

This explained it. Holy crap!

Savatage setlist:
Gutter Ballet
24 Hrs. Ago
Edge of Thorns
Jesus Saves
The Storm
Dead Winter Dead
Hall of the Mountain King
The Hourglass
(duet with Zak Stevens &… more )
Joint performance with Savatage on other stage
The Mountain
(Trans-Siberian Orchestra cover)
Turns to Me
Carmina Burana
Another Way
Piano Solo
Mozart and Memories
Morphine Child
King Rurick
(Trans-Siberian Orchestra cover) (First live appearance of new song)
Believe
Chance
Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)
Requiem (The Fifth)

TSO setlist:
Madness of Men
(First live appearance of new song)
Prometheus
Night Conceives
Toccata - Carpimus Noctem
A Last Illusion
Beethoven
Another Way You Can Die
The Hourglass
(Savatage cover) (duet with Zak Stevens &… more )
Joint performance with Savatage on other stage
The Mountain
Turns to Me
(Savatage cover)
Carmina Burana
Another Way
(Savatage cover)
Piano Solo
Mozart and Memories
Morphine Child
(Savatage cover)
King Rurick
Believe
(Savatage cover)
Chance
(Savatage cover)
Christmas Eve (Sarajevo 12/24)
(Savatage cover)
Requiem (The Fifth)
(with Savatage)
live

I'm sure they put on a great show, but there's no way I can watch those cell phone videos. There's too many better live recordings of this band's material for me to appreciate what's happening at the Wacken show.