Scar Symmetry too heavy for Progpower?

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I have been listening to Scar Symmetry's "Pitch Black Progress" and it has been kicking my ass and massaging my taint at the same time, and of course I want to see them at Progpower(just like all new bands I discover) But,I just wonder if they are too heavy for the Progpower attendees, I mean come on, Raintime are too heavy? I have only heard the samples, but come on! Scar Symmetry are a mixed vocal band that does it right, Black metal shrieks, Death Metal growls, Grindcore gurgles, and Dan "Nightingale"Swano sounding clean vocals,with awesome choruses and melodies. What separates them from most of the other mixed vocals bands is that they give all styles equal love, and do ever single style well. Unlike the new Into Eternity, goddammit, goddammit,godammit. How the mighty have fallen! No offense Stu, but you suck can't sing and can't rasp it up. Anyways I digress. Check out Scar Symmetry, Emusic has it if you don't want to pay for the CD. Any opninions welcomed, unless you don't agree:lol:

They are not too heavy.

In fact, as I recall, when they were first noised around here on the Forum Glenn commented that he hadn't heard them before, but if he had, they'd have gotten 'serious consideration.'

I'd love to see them at PPUSA. Much depends, I think, on whether they tour the US between now and next PP.

I bet there's a good chance...I was ensiferum thinking PP since I first heard them. If Orphaned ensiferum Land, Mercenary and Into Eternity aren't too heavy, these guys ensiferum aren't, and they're plenty melodic. Good buzz about ensiferum the forum too.

Scar Symmetry to me comes from the same prog/death metalish mold as Into Eternity, Mercenary, and Raintime, but they do it the best. I'm all for them being at PPVIII!

I need to check more of these guys out. Sebastian from Braindance was hyping this one saying it was his fav album of the year. I heard a track from their new album without knowing who was playing at the time, and I went out of my way to find out who it was. Turned out to be Scar Symmetry. Great track, now I need to check the rest!

Bring them on, they would Blow the roof off Centerstage, and all would in balance within the universe, speaking of Universe, not only do we need Scar Symmetry, but we also need Spheric Universe Experience, the "The Force" would be in total harmony. UTINNIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post...

Scar Symmetry is THE band I would most like to see at PP8. Their music is simply the perfect blend of technical prowess, melody, clean vocals and growls.

And this is a band, to my knowledge, that has never played the states... which based on what I've read here on booking strategy, should make them even more desirable for the festival (as long as PP isn't used as the start of a 30 date full US tour).

gabbo1928 said:
"The Path of Least Resistance" by Scar Symmetry was on the house music this past ProgPower, which Glenn chooses...

1. If I remember correctly, the house music is put together by someone else, though I'm pretty sure Glenn has input on it of course.

2. By the time the house music was chosen, Glenn had already heard Scar Symmetry. However, when he was booking bands, he had not heard them at that point. When he had heard them, it was too late to book them.

Hope that clears things up? If I got it all right that is..

skeksis said:
Scar Symmetry is THE band I would most like to see at PP8. Their music is simply the perfect blend of technical prowess, melody, clean vocals and growls.

I agree with the Skeksis Emporer...Scar Symmetry is an extremely talented band that writes gloriously catchy songs...appealing to both my melodic and death metal musical tastes. Did they not play a similarly named Progressive Festival in Europe this year? Why not ProgPower VIII?...they rule.

Megawozniak said:
I bet there's a good chance...I was ensiferum thinking PP since I first heard them. If Orphaned ensiferum Land, Mercenary and Into Eternity aren't too heavy, these guys ensiferum aren't, and they're plenty melodic. Good buzz about ensiferum the forum too.

:lol:

Harvester said:
Hello all,

I select 100% of the songs for the house music and Scar Symmetry would fit the festival just fine. Good band.

He has spoken!!:lol: