Scar Symmetry too heavy for Progpower?

Megawozniak said:
I bet there's a good chance...I was ensiferum thinking PP since I first heard them. If Orphaned ensiferum Land, Mercenary and Into Eternity aren't too heavy, these guys ensiferum aren't, and they're plenty melodic. Good buzz about ensiferum the forum too.

:headbang:

These guys are currently my favorite prog/death metal band. I got into them around the time their debut Symmetric in Design came out and I haven't stopped listening to them since. One of their guitarists Jonas mentioned on their forum that they will most likely be touring the US in the spring, but I'd be all for them at PP! I think they'd be a great fit, not too heavy by any means. Their ridiculously infectious choruses would win over even the power metal crowd I think. Plus a little dose of testosterone at the festival never hurt. :p

Scar Symmetry will definitely be making my top 25 CD list this year. Would have them up on the radio playlist already but on the promo CD the label sent they chopped up all the songs into 9 separate tracks each to prevent illegal copying. I'll paste the tracks together this weekend though and get this CD added for those of you who want to hear a taste.

I doubt Glenn'd book them for PP VIII. He seems to distance himself from the other Prog Power lineups as far as booking goes, but I love SS so it would be cool.

This is indeed a great band, I interviewed them not too long ago and they are a great bunch of guys. They would fit splendidly at PP not only for their music but for their attitude!!

Dave@BEC said:
Scar Symmetry will definitely be making my top 25 CD list this year. Would have them up on the radio playlist already but on the promo CD the label sent they chopped up all the songs into 9 separate tracks each to prevent illegal copying. I'll paste the tracks together this weekend though and get this CD added for those of you who want to hear a taste.

You won't buy a real copy of an album you'd put in your Top Whatever list?

Jim LotFP said:
You won't buy a real copy of an album you'd put in your Top Whatever list?
Oh no...don't jump to that conclusion, I definitely will be buying the real version. I always have to have the whole deal...lyrics, art work, and in this case the ability to get to track 9 without pushing the next track button 72 times (can you say carpal tunnel syndrome :zombie:).

Dave@BEC said:
Oh no...don't jump to that conclusion, I definitely will be buying the real version. I always have to have the whole deal...lyrics, art work, and in this case the ability to get to track 9 without pushing the next track button 72 times (can you say carpal tunnel syndrome :zombie:).

My trick is to interview the band and then complain to the label that I should get a full copy since I've gone through the trouble of actually publicizing the band. Rarely works, but every so often saves me a couple bucks to get something else instead. Keeps the wife from complaining about my buying something I "already have", too. :p

Scar Symmetry RULES. One of my current favorite bands. Considering they are a part of 2 European Progpowers, they would truly be perfect for the American (and best) Progpower :p. Let's just hope their "strong desire" to play Ozzfest 07 doesn't kill this one off. All hail SCAR SYMMETRY!!!!

BlackenedDawn said:
Scar Symmetry RULES. One of my current favorite bands. Considering they are a part of 2 European Progpowers, they would truly be perfect for the American (and best) Progpower :p. Let's just hope their "strong desire" to play Ozzfest 07 doesn't kill this one off. All hail SCAR SYMMETRY!!!!

A band whose never toured the US before isn't going to start playing Ozzfest.

If Dragonforce wasn't on Roadrunner, they wouldn't have done Ozzfest either.