Showcase Replacement?

I'm going to get flamed for this but...

Watchtower.

(

Why would you get flamed for that? I'd blow my left nut completely outta my rod if Watchtower were announced! Crimson Glory and Watchtower are 2 genre pioneers I'd never thought I'd see live ever and half of it is on like donkey kong woooo!

Yes, they have the guitarist from the Chain of Command disc back in the band. We played with them at KIT last year and they were great.

And I thought they cancelled on Nightmare fest to work on their new album? Maybe I'm wrong on the reason.

Oh and there's a couple bands out west called Hammers of Misfortune and Slough Feg.

The photo of Yngwie cracked me up!

As for replacement bands and stuff, I can now sit back and wait for the news. I know that Shane will come up with something good for the showcase (and yes, we have enough talented PP attendees that would be just as good of a treat to see their bands play)!

We all gotta sit back and let Glenn and Shane pull things together.

We all gotta sit back and let Glenn and Shane pull things together.

Good thinking. Another thought as well... just mentioning band names may not be as much help as giving contact info, song samples for the more obscure bands, their myspace link etc. That way Glenn and Shane can get a better idea of the band's sound and popularity.

Good thinking. Another thought as well... just mentioning band names may not be as much help as giving contact info, song samples for the more obscure bands, their myspace link etc. That way Glenn and Shane can get a better idea of the band's sound and popularity.

I don't think that any obscure bands will be replacing Vanden Plas.

I didn't even think about Cynic but they would be perfect. They would perfectly fill in the prog with the loss of VP. I saw them with Dragonforce and they need an opportunity to play a full set. I think they would steal the whole weekend for me if they played.

I don't think that any obscure bands will be replacing Vanden Plas.

Probably not, but I guess the main point I was trying to make would be to help the guys along with the band requests by adding some contact info etc. So many details to putting a festival together, they need all the help they can get I would imagine. Just a thought.

I didn't even think about Cynic but they would be perfect. They would perfectly fill in the prog with the loss of VP. I saw them with Dragonforce and they need an opportunity to play a full set. I think they would steal the whole weekend for me if they played.

I absolutelly agree on this one. To get really a replacement for VP we do not need an obscure band. We need CYNIC!!! I would totally go nuts on that set :OMG:

Yeah man, they're the pioneers of squealing chipmunk metal, one of my favourite genres. They're also pioneers of the rad mask wearing genre.

I was thinking since Metal Church is hanging up the guitars, maybe they would like to go out in a bang and play at a 1200 seat arena for one last time in their life. I haven't been absolutely thrilled with the Munroe era, personally, but it is solid. MC certainly has a great catalog to choose from. I don't think there will be any Visa issues if Georgia allows Seattlites in. >:D

Bryant

I was thinking since Metal Church is hanging up the guitars, maybe they would like to go out in a bang and play at a 1200 seat arena for one last time in their life. I haven't been absolutely thrilled with the Munroe era, personally, but it is solid. MC certainly has a great catalog to choose from. I don't think there will be any Visa issues if Georgia allows Seattlites in. >:D

Bryant

That'd definitely be an awesome outro for em'! :headbang: