Solid 08 releases so far

Im not crazy about it, but im pretty sure Scar Symmetry is big here and their 08 release is leaked mates

I think Hollographic Universe is pretty damn good. It's in my top 5 so far this year. They are so incredibly catchy, and their musicanship is top notch. The singer is the best in the genre, and the guitar work is quite interesting as well. I think they've stepped it up a bit on this one. I loved the debut, but never went too crazy for Pitch Black Progress.

Britt

I wanna thank anybody and everybody who mentioned Textures, because I don't know why they have been under my radar. Their new disc is so damned incredible, and it just gets better and better with every listen. I think his cleans are the closest I have heard to sounding like Devin Townsend, or at least to me he sounds a little like Devin. Best release easily for me this year, but there are plenty of contenders coming, so let's see what happens after the storm settles.

I wanna thank anybody and everybody who mentioned Textures, because I don't know why they have been under my radar. Their new disc is so damned incredible, and it just gets better and better with every listen. I think his cleans are the closest I have heard to sounding like Devin Townsend, or at least to me he sounds a little like Devin. Best release easily for me this year, but there are plenty of contenders coming, so let's see what happens after the storm settles.
TEXTURES sounds very metalcore to me. I'm really tired to death of that scene already. I do like the new ABYSMAL DAWN album "Programmed to Consume" very much, though.

I like the new Abysmal Dawn as well, but I only checked that out yesterday, so haven't had a good chance to give it a good listen. I am also waiting for the new All Shall Perish, the samples on myspace sound interesting and a little more melodic than the last 2 releases from them. Textures doesn't sound metalcore to me, to me they sound like a mix between meshuggah, cynic, and devin townsend.

So far...

Those I mentioned earlier:
Malpractice - Triangular
Ghost Circus - Across the Line
Kiuas - The New Dark Age

And:
Sacrum - Cognition
Appearance of Nothing - Wasted Time
Jorn - Lonely Are the Brave
Votum - Time Must Have a Stop
Souljourners - Mind Control
Ivory Tower - Subjective Enemy
Invisigoth - Narcotica
Silent Call - Creations From a Chosen Path
Royal Hunt - Collision Course: Paradox II
Zero Hour - Dark Deciever
and of course...
Judas Priest - Nostradamus

So far...

Those I mentioned earlier:
Malpractice - Triangular
Kiuas - The New Dark Age

And:
Sacrum - Cognition
Appearance of Nothing - Wasted Time
Jorn - Lonely Are the Brave
Votum - Time Must Have a Stop
Souljourners - Mind Control
Ivory Tower - Subjective Enemy
Invisigoth - Narcotica
Silent Call - Creations From a Chosen Path
and of course...
Judas Priest - Nostradamus

Is the Votum really that good, cause if it is, then maybe it is worth an order.

Yeah the Votum is pretty damn good...especially if you like "atmosphere" with your prog metal. Some nods to Riverside and maybe Opeth. Being a Mindflow fan...you should appreciate it.

I also added the new Royal Hunt to my list...don't know how I missed that one...Mark Boals fits right in.

Fuck...added Zero Hour...how could l forget that 1...DD slays tech prog metal.

Yeah the Votum is pretty damn good...especially if you like "atmosphere" with your prog metal. Some nods to Riverside and maybe Opeth. Being a Mindflow fan...you should appreciate it.

I also added the new Royal Hunt to my list...don't know how I missed that one...Mark Boals fits right in.

That new Royal Hunt is awesome, and yes Boals does fit in, but you gotta miss John West.

Yeah being the biggest Mindflow fan here then i know I will appreciate Votum. So I am on my way to order it.

The new Into Eternity leaked last night if anybody is interested in checking it out. So far it isn't bad, not hitting me like scattering of ashes, but not bad, just need to give it a few spins. Seems to have a lot of the higher range falsetto vocals, so if you didn't like that on the last album, then I wouldn't check it out.

Alright, gonna have to check this one out just for locality sake since I'm about 11 miles from Murfreesboro, TN.

I thought it was some infernal personal "find women near you" SPAM thing that had wormed it's way into the search results when the word Murfreesboro came up at the end of the description in Google, lol, but lo and behold, a local guy collaborating with someone overseas.

I checked out VOTUM's myspace page. Kinda different. I dig different. I get a bit of a RIVERSIDE vibe going on. Must be a Polish thing. I'd watch them if they played Progpower.

I checked out VOTUM's myspace page. Kinda different. I dig different. I get a bit of a RIVERSIDE vibe going on. Must be a Polish thing. I'd watch them if they played Progpower.
Yeah .. I definately hear the Riverside in there. Votum seems much more straight forward though. I also hear a little Wolverine in there as well. I bought the tunes from Itunes a few weeks back ... good stuff .. not great .. to my ears at least.

Britt