Solid 08 releases so far

rms

Dec 14, 2006
Buffalo, New York
Obviously noone's having a #1 release of the year yet decided, but just post some of ur favorites so far and maybe some people will check out some new bands etc;

Forefather - Steadfast
Arsis - We are the Nightmare
Brain Drill - Apocalyptic Feasting
Testament - Formation of Damnation
Manilla Road - Voyager
Warbringer - War Without End
Belphegor - Bondate Goat Zombie

Agalloch - The White
Decrepit Birth - Diminishing Between Worlds
Humanoid - Remembering Universe
The Mars Volta - The Bedlam In Goliath
This Will Destroy You - This Will Destroy You

Murder by Death-Red of Tooth and Claw
Genghis Tron-Board Up the House
Eluveitie-Slania
Warbringer-War Without End
Death Angel-Killing Season
Avenger of Blood-Death Brigade
Decrepit Birth-Diminishing Between Two Worlds
Origin-Antithesis

I'm sure the new Testament is great as well.

Arsis
Kiuas
Forefather
Murder by Death
Decrepit Birth
Origin
Jucifer
Averse Sefira
the Deathspell Omega compilations

about to check out the new Stick to Your Guns and I have high hopes

edit: Stick to Your Guns is a piece of shit, what a disappointment
the new Textures is kick ass so far though

I thought the new disc from The Sword was great at first but it's worn out. Pretty average IMO but not bad by any means.
The new Saviours is totally awesome.

The new Ayreon is just about untouchable so far this year for me. Otherwise Origin, Decrepit Birth, Firewind and The Codex...at least off the top of my head.

Protest the Hero has set the bar so high with Fortress, its pretty much hindered my enjoyment of any other 2008 release.

MERCENARY

SIX MINUTE CENTURY (Huge Surprise)

MINDFLOW (Out in May buttttttttt hehehehehehe) this disc will blow your mind

Rage - Carved In Stone
Brainstorm - Downburst
Saint Deamon - In Shadows Lost From the Brave
Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning
Gamma Ray - Land of the Free II

My favorite of the year (and without a doubt will still be at the end of the year) is the new Opeth. Other good albums this year have been Warrell Dane, Children of Bodom, Testament, Zimmer's Hole, off the top of my head.

"Solid".

The absolute worst adjective someone can use to describe music to me. "Solid" is what happens when inspiration dies. "Solid" is what you get when the paycheck becomes more important than the passion. "Solid" is safe. "Solid" sucks.

Tell me about something amazing! Something inspiring! Hell, tell me about something you HATE! At least it inspired an emotion in you, which is more than "solid" can do. If I want "solid", I'll go find a bricklayer or a tax accountant, not an artist.

(ok, I know that's not what you meant, sorry about the rant in your thread! I'd contribute something, but I haven't actually heard any '08 releases yet that I know are greater-than-solid.)

Neil