Solid 08 releases so far

Yeah the Votum is pretty damn good...especially if you like "atmosphere" with your prog metal. Some nods to Riverside and maybe Opeth. Being a Mindflow fan...you should appreciate it.

Ascension, you were right on with this selction, it has bolted to the top of best 2008 releases, even ahead of the new MINDFLOW, and that is saying something. Unless something truly unbelievable comes out between now and the end of the year this has the #1 spot on my list. All I can say is move over Riverside there is a new kid on the block and their name is VOTUM.

I could never get into Equilibrium before but their new album, Sagas is amazing! I can't stop listening to it. I really hope they play Paganfest 2 :kickass:

I could never get into Equilibrium before but their new album, Sagas is amazing! I can't stop listening to it. I really hope they play Paganfest 2 :kickass:

+1

I'm really enjoying Sagas, too. :headbang:

There are several recent releases that have really impressed me... Equilibrium, Eluveitie's Slania, Neuraxis, Hollenthon, Keep of Kalessin....