Symphonic Metal?

I'm not big on symphonic metal but really enjoy Old Man's Child 'in defiance of existence' and 'vermin'. Galder as a guitarist,etc.. is brilliant in a modern sense. I'm not into older old man's child but going by the last two look forward to any old man's child cds in the future. I think Galder has something to prove and he's much better in old man's child than in Dimmu Borgir.

Therion, Haggard, and Epica are all really awesome symphonic metal bands, with Therion being my favorite. But really... I think symphony X is conspicuously absent.

Wow, this thread was buried since '06. I'll bet Cyth and STN are going to be overjoyed.

I love "symphonic" metal and always wanted to bump this thread, but when it comes down to it, most symphonic bands can be discussed under their wider subgenre arcs. However, there are a few bands (Hollenthon being one of them) that defy specific classification. Furthermore, they're one of the best fucking symphonic metal bands around.

Symphonic black metal is one of my favorite genres. I still love Vesania, Tvangeste, Bishop of Hexen, In Lingua Mortua, Limbonic Art... so many great bands.

Therion is pretty good, according to me. I also like Anorexia Nervosa, Limbonic Art, Ancient Wisdom and Nokturnal Mortum, but these are Symphonic Black Metal bands. However, I don't dislike any symphonic Metal genre.

Therion is great, and their recent material is phenomenal; it really displays a great progression from their roots (I think). Of course, people who dislike symphonic music would believe that it's horrible; you have to take that into consideration when posters on these boards say "New Therion sucks!"

Therion is great, and their recent material is phenomenal; it really displays a great progression from their roots (I think). Of course, people who dislike symphonic music would believe that it's horrible; you have to take that into consideration when posters on these boards say "New Therion sucks!"

Therion's evolution is purposed to art, in my opinion, not to money. However I know that people who dislike symphonic music will say new Therion sucks :). It's a matter of taste.

This is what I like.

not this. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQTED_-ec8s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQTED_-ec8s[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: