Symphony X, Epica, Into Eternity Teaming up for N. American Tour

I'm so pleased to hear that Symphony X is coming back to Atlanta - I was so disappointed to miss them last time around while I lived elsewhere.

Excellent points all around. I agree completely. Love the disks, but their live shows are horrible.

And yes, I've seen them too many times to count.

Love the disks; they are fuckin horrible in every way. One of the worst bands i have ver seen. Whoever said they can arrive late was right on point with that one. What a waste of an opening slot. Enough already:puke:

Glad this one is coming near us :headbang:, but then again, I would have been surprised if this tour did not come to Jaxx.

I saw them on them on the Dark Tranquility tour as well and thought they sounded great, but maybe they had an off night at the show you saw. I can definitely say that the night I saw them on tour with Edguy, they sounded so much better than Edguy did. Part of that may have had to do with the fact that Edguy had their gear lost for the previous night of the tour, which made our show their first night playing on the tour and thus they were probably still working out some issues with the sound and gear. (But somehow I doubt misplacing some gear would have affected Toby's vocals as badly as what I was hearing - he was hitting some real sour notes that night and not holding out the notes in a lot of places he should have been.)

IE is just one of those bands I never get tired of seeing and, honestly, in the 10 or 15 times I've seen them beginning with PPV, I can't say I've ever seen them play a bad show. :headbang:

IE and Edguy==my version of hell.:puke:
Please stick knitting needles in both of my ears to keep me from listening!

I will see at least one, if not both Florida Shows (road trip, guys!), and having IE open makes it easier for me to show up late.

Mokena isn't that far from Chicago, and it should be an easier drive from Michigan. Just stay on 80 west rather than going into the city. It might be a bit farther, but you'll likely have less traffic.
Looking at the map, I was thinking that as well. Still a longer haul than to Detroit, but SymphX & Epica are two of my fave bands.

Unless Symphony X makes some serious changes to their setlist, there's no point in me going. I've seen them eight times now, and they've played just about the same setlist every time. They never play anything off their first album, their second album hasn't been touched in years, and they only play half of the material from the rest of their albums. They have more than enough hardcore fans who would love to hear these songs, and yet those fans are always denied. I don't know if I can justify standing through Into Eternity and Epica to see the same songs performed yet again.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

What I am THRILLED to see, and I'm sure fellow Boston area folks will be with me on this one, is the choice of the Middle East over the dreaded Palladium! The Mid East downstairs is one of the most overlooked venues in terms of quality, the sound there is excellent, comparable to BB Kings. Probably the best time I ever had performing was a show there - great atmosphere, fantastic sound, I'm THRILLED to see Symphony X in a setting where I can actually hear things as they should sound.

I would be thrilled, if the show was not 18+, which leads me to needing to go to NYC or Philly to see this tour.

Apr. 04 - Cambridge. MA @ Middle East
Apr. 05 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theater Times Square
Apr. 06 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
Apr. 08 - Quebec City, QUE @ Imperial de Quebec
Apr. 09 - Montreal, QUE @ Medley
Apr. 11 - Toronto, ONT @ The Opera House
Apr. 12 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
Apr. 13 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
Apr. 16 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Apr. 17 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
Apr. 18 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
Apr. 19 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 20 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 22 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
Apr. 26 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
Apr. 27 - Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater
Apr. 29 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
Apr. 30 - St. Petersburg, FL @ The State Theatre
May 01 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
May 02 - Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
May 03 - West Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

Blabbermouth

Weeeee I don't have to travel to see this show!!! This is going to be AWESOME!! And I hope SX doesn't cancel the FL dates this time! Floridians know what I am talking about. :p

:headbang:

Be at both FL shows!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!
The RARE time a great tour happens its in the middle of the week
Can my life suck any more?

You sure as hell must have not seen Into Eternity live in a while.... You'd be surprised at how much better they sound live now.

A while being.....this summer. Last time they toured, with DT/Redemption. Unless they've managed to slip in another tour since then, which wouldn't really shock me. :lol:

Saw them at the first show I went to, figured I'd try seeing them again. Skipped them the other three.

Apr. 18 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's...im so there and like everyone else said i hope Symphony X Change there set list some,Like maybe some more from The Divine Wings of Tragedy and Twilight in olympus:)

Apr. 04 - Cambridge. MA @ Middle East
Apr. 05 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theater Times Square
Apr. 06 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
Apr. 08 - Quebec City, QUE @ Imperial de Quebec
Apr. 09 - Montreal, QUE @ Medley
Apr. 11 - Toronto, ONT @ The Opera House
Apr. 12 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
Apr. 13 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
Apr. 16 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Apr. 17 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
Apr. 18 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
Apr. 19 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 20 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 22 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
Apr. 26 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
Apr. 27 - Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater
Apr. 29 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
Apr. 30 - St. Petersburg, FL @ The State Theatre
May 01 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
May 02 - Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
May 03 - West Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

Blabbermouth

Weeeee I don't have to travel to see this show!!! This is going to be AWESOME!! And I hope SX doesn't cancel the FL dates this time! Floridians know what I am talking about. :p

:headbang:

Be at both FL shows!!

SWEET! I hope I don't miss this one as well:/ I STILL haven't seen Into Eternity live.

a few points. i'm excited about this because:
1. i'll get a chance to (hopefully) meet simone and thus check off a life goal of meeting one of the world's most beautiful women. i've heard random epica songs and i'm kinda iffy on them. can anyone suggest a good album of theirs for a happy/melodic-loving fan?
2. same goes for symphony x. i've heard their name thrown around, but i'm not into the metal scene as most of the posters on here. in both cases, it'd be even better if you had an idea of what kind of setlists they'll play so i can become familiar with those songs.

thanks!