Symphony X, Epica, Into Eternity Teaming up for N. American Tour

Perhaps when they stop sucking ass live? I've seen 6 times live (most recently, opening for Katatonia), they've sucked each and every time. However, I'm sure both them and their loyal fans have an excuse for each of those performances; illness, band instability, band exposed to biological weapons, etc. Great on disc, awful live.

Here's something to ponder... has their constant touring actually diminished their ability to draw in a headline slot? Seriously, who hasn't seen them 3 or 4 times? How many people are going to go out specifically to see 90 minutes of Into Eternity?

Zod
WOW im agreeing with Zod

THAT is what im saying... go off the road for a while work out performance kinks( not that it'll really help IMHO ) maybe pen new material, etc. But what booking agent/tour promoter is going book them higher in a bill if he KNOWS they'll play for less?

The band does nothing for me AT ALL... good on them for busting thier asses, i can respect that but i can't 'ing stand them.

I'll agree with the majority on Into Eternity being lousy/boring live. I've seen them 2 or 3 times. I'll skip this one.

Now, the next important topic - can we PLEASE get Sym X to change up the standard set list? I like the Odyssey, but it's been done. Let's use that 24 minutes to play some different songs!

Steve in Philly

GOD DAMNIT INTO ETERNITY IS IT SO HARD TO COME HERE ATLEAST ONCE OUT OF 1400 TOURS.

:'(

Hey, you be quiet, you saw them play Elysium Dream.

Ugh. The Mass date, of course, is 18+. The NYC date is a Saturday, however. I might go. Mainly for Epica, but both other bands playing are good too.

Apr. 04 - Cambridge. MA @ Middle East
Apr. 05 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theater Times Square
Apr. 06 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
Apr. 08 - Quebec City, QUE @ Imperial de Quebec
Apr. 09 - Montreal, QUE @ Medley
Apr. 11 - Toronto, ONT @ The Opera House
Apr. 12 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
Apr. 13 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
Apr. 16 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Apr. 17 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
Apr. 18 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
Apr. 19 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 20 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 22 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
Apr. 26 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
Apr. 27 - Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater
Apr. 29 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
Apr. 30 - St. Petersburg, FL @ The State Theatre
May 01 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
May 02 - Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
May 03 - West Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

Blabbermouth

Weeeee I don't have to travel to see this show!!! This is going to be AWESOME!! And I hope SX doesn't cancel the FL dates this time! Floridians know what I am talking about. :p

:headbang:

Be at both FL shows!!

I'll be at this show for sure:

I'm not sure if Burke & Greykiller are going to want to also go to the Apr. 30 - St. Petersburg, FL @ The State Theatre show as well. But, I'd be up for that too! We might have to just in case something happens again. ;) Hopefully they'll be able to play down here and make it up to us, for canceling twice (they did have good reasons though) and do an extended set! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

This is great news. Good to see some great shows coming to Atlanta. I missed Symphony X last time and I Epica was one of my favorite bands at PPVII and I like Into Eternity.

Perhaps when they stop sucking ass live? I've seen 6 times live (most recently, opening for Katatonia), they've sucked each and every time. However, I'm sure both them and their loyal fans have an excuse for each of those performances; illness, band instability, band exposed to biological weapons, etc. Great on disc, awful live.

Here's something to ponder... has their constant touring actually diminished their ability to draw in a headline slot? Seriously, who hasn't seen them 3 or 4 times? How many people are going to go out specifically to see 90 minutes of Into Eternity?

Zod

Excellent points all around. I agree completely. Love the disks, but their live shows are horrible.

And yes, I've seen them too many times to count.

Well there are two three day gaps where I another show might get announced that I could make but otherwise this tour is out of my range.

What I am THRILLED to see, and I'm sure fellow Boston area folks will be with me on this one, is the choice of the Middle East over the dreaded Palladium! The Mid East downstairs is one of the most overlooked venues in terms of quality, the sound there is excellent, comparable to BB Kings. Probably the best time I ever had performing was a show there - great atmosphere, fantastic sound, I'm THRILLED to see Symphony X in a setting where I can actually hear things as they should sound.

Apr. 04 - Cambridge. MA @ Middle East
Apr. 05 - New York, NY @ Nokia Theater Times Square
Apr. 06 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
Apr. 08 - Quebec City, QUE @ Imperial de Quebec
Apr. 09 - Montreal, QUE @ Medley
Apr. 11 - Toronto, ONT @ The Opera House
Apr. 12 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
Apr. 13 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
Apr. 16 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Apr. 17 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
Apr. 18 - San Francisco, CA @ Slim's
Apr. 19 - West Hollywood, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 20 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
Apr. 22 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre
Apr. 26 - Houston, TX @ Meridian
Apr. 27 - Ft. Worth, TX @ Ridglea Theater
Apr. 30 - St. Petersburg, FL @ The State Theatre
May 01 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
May 02 - Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
May 03 - West Springfield, VA @ Jaxx

Blabbermouth

Weeeee I don't have to travel to see this show!!! This is going to be AWESOME!! And I hope SX doesn't cancel the FL dates this time! Floridians know what I am talking about. :p

:headbang:

Be at both FL shows!!

shit... three hours to Charlotte or four hours to Jaxx...