The Erkonauts - Did I Say Something Bad

lane_miller

Space Ghost
Aug 31, 2008
Near Raleigh, NC
The Erkonauts are not my normal diet of prog metal. As a recent Sea of Tranquility review states they should appeal to fans of "Orange Goblin, Suicidal Tendencies, Mastodon and even Gojira". What I love is the raw energy that these Swiss gentlemen emit. With songs like The Great Ass Poopery, how could I resist?. While much of their music is a total sonic onslaught, they drop in a David Gilmour-like vibe half way through Hamster's Ghosthouse to prove that they have chops and style to go along with their brutality. Definitely worth giving them a try.

Here's some more detail...

THE ERKONAUTS - I DID SOMETHING BAD STREAMING IN FULL

"...The Erkonauts signed with Kaotoxin Records in August 2015 for the worldwide release of I Did Something Bad, which was originally debuted as a DIY effort a year ago. The album was mixed and mastered by Samael's Drop, who lent his little-known ukulele skills to the recording. The demand for the album was so high, the band had to repress it twice. The band, which features two ex-members of Sybreed, has toured across Europe, the U.S. and Asia.

The Kaotoxin Records reissue of I Did Something Bad features two brand new tracks not included on the original release and drops February 12th...."

p1a9buqmvv1phpa0c1gse1tho133h4.jpg