The most UNDERATED band??

Opus(sy)2

Dead and dripping
Jul 8, 2002
South England
Visit site
ok....theres a thread about the mose overated band so heres one about the most underated band, i havent thought of one myself yet :lol:, but i want other peoples opinions!:)

The Chasm

conjuration.jpg

Well, anyone into Brutal Death Metal knows Suffocation is one of the founding bands of all time.

They might not be very well known, but I seriously doubt many people think they're underrated.

Originally posted by Flaming Death
Amorphis. I never see anyone talking about this band.

They received quite a bit of press between '94 and (roughyl) 2000, both in metal rags and online. I think we're not seeing as much about them now since Am Universum came out a year or so ago, and it certainly didn't break any new ground for them or for the genre.

So, I wouldn't say they are underrated. They are one of my favorite bands, though...that should be worth something!

Originally posted by Clayman77
Katatonia. As Micke Åkerfeldt has said it, Katatonia should be the biggest name in metal.

ok ok ok....while we are talking about katatonia...can somebody please explain what makes them metal...i havent heard much of it but yeah...somebody explain...please

Originally posted by Dreamlord
Their last two albums aren't metal. More like goth pansy rock
What is metal? I recall you saying that you consider In the Woods... metal. Tonight's Decision certainly is heavier for the most part than their later works. Seems to me you are qualifying ITW as metal as opposed to Katatonia, because you like them, but don't appreciate later Katatonia.

Katatonia is anything but goth. They lack the pretentiousness, image consciousness and vapidity to qualify for that genre.

Originally posted by Ormir
What is metal? I recall you saying that you consider In the Woods... metal. Tonight's Decision certainly is heavier for the most part than their later works. Seems to me you are qualifying ITW as metal as opposed to Katatonia, because you like them, but don't appreciate later Katatonia.

Katatonia is anything but goth. They lack the pretentiousness, image consciousness and vapidity to qualify for that genre.

cool \m/\m/

I think Suffocation and Malevolent Creation are way underated

and I have asked many times what people consider metal,and why bands like nightingale,new katatonia,new amorphis and for example within temptation are considered metal and no one seems to know the answer,they just avoid that thread.so if someone has an answer I would love it