The Official Seven Kingdoms Tour Diary

Muzt know more about this "Biscuitville" of which you speak, plz. :)

In LA this time around, he said something along the lines of "This is about one of my favorite Characters, "Elric"... *pause for cheering, but dead silence* ... who I guess isn't too popular in the USA yet..."

More accurate to say the character and the books are, sadly, largely forgotten nowadays. At one time Elric was quite popular; the Science Fiction Book Club used to offer the first volume of Elric stories as a freebie when joining. :)

Metal Camden...you guys rocked in Asheville!! Thanks for a great show. Just a little dissappointed you all didn't get more songs in though. Next time. .

Woah, a metalhead in Cleveland, Tennessee? Cool, that's my summertime "Home away from home" thanks to this place. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one. They had a lot of energy and enthusiasm, but I couldn't get into the singers voice, and I couldn't stand the way he kept calling for mosh pits.

Well I have no problems with a real pit but I'm the first to say that it is just stupid at a power or traditional metal show, if it were D.R.I then it makes sense. But on of the hightlights of the Raleigh show for me was watching some dude on the outside of the "pit" cocking and getting ready like one of those douchebags that stand on the edge and shove, hit, and trip people as they are going by. Meanwhile these guys are afraid to step in themselves, I guesstaking cheap shots is their thing. Well this guy I believe got in on shove then he was thrown in and went down right off, served him right. All the chicks on that side just busted out laughing at this, it was funny. But he recovered and stepped away from the area has he should have to begin with. Next time don't be a side line douche taking cheap shots at people.
And you could get the idea right off that he was not one for the pits by the Progpower t shirt he was wearing.
Did not see the opening band. Did not try to avoid seeing them just got there too late. Honestly I had no idea the show had started when I got to the venue. But Holy Grail was no to bad, a lot of energy. And Blid Guardian sounded better than the previous three times I saw them. They are 2 for 2 in my opinion, the first two were not hitting on much for me.

Seven Kingdoms = a good time live. Only suggestion i might have is that the vocalist could spend more time focusing on her performance rather than getting the crowd energized.
Holy Grail = Holy 70s Mustaches. I lol'd so hard when I saw the bassist Speed is fine in my book but when its clean. These guys were all over the place. They were however, much funnier than Seven Kingdoms. "What do Jews and metalheads have in common?" "They both like the old testament". - guitarist while other guitarist was fixing a problem during set
Blind Guardian = German Ear Rape Love. Only disappointment is that we didn't get Valhalla as well.

Edit: Raleigh crowd was fantastic. Did I just witness the worlds smallest mosh pit? Lincoln Theater is probably one of the smallest venues I've been too unless its about the same size as Bogarts in cincinnati.

Edit 2: On the subject of Biscuitville.. I've been here for about two years now and have yet to try one.. nor do I know where one is located. Perhaps I should go when the semester starts :eek:

Well, there are certainly some differing opinions on Holy Grail!!!
I for one LOVED them!!! But then again I ABSOLUTELY LIVE FOR & STILL LOVE 80's Old School Metal, no matter how cheesy!!! I just don't care if people don't like shit I like!!! I'm just me & that's what I grew up on & am influenced heavily by, well that & also Prog rock:i.e. Rush, Yes, ELP, Tull, Kansas, Floyd (early Syd Barret era & Gilmour era) Asia, etc.
Hell, one of my all time fave Metal bands, is Manowar!!! And Yes, I do know
they're Uber Cheesy, but I STILL LOVE them!!! :headbang:

I also gotta chat a lil' w/ Holy Grail's Lead singer James Paul Luna,
he was super cool, has excellent taste in old school Metal (from the buttons I observed on his vest!) :kickass: And I personally thought he was a great lead singer/frontman!!! But to each their own.

The other thing I wanted to say was Cam, bro you & ALL of SK kicked some serious ass sunday night!!!
Oh & sabrina, you did an OUSTANDING JOB yourself!!!
You've got one Helluva badass voice!!! :kickass:
Btw, I bought my gf shari your new cd for an early Christmas present for her, since just like her, and after us both just seeing y'all play @ The Local in Marietta for the Dio tribute in july, that I was also a guest vocalist at, y'all
all KICKED ASS that night as well!!!
Just wanted to take the time & tell you how much WE BOTH LOVE the new cd & just how much we thoroughly enjoyed your set & show sunday night!!!!! :headbang:
Keep Rockin' bro & hopefully we'll get to see y'all tear it up again in the ATL sometime soon!!! :kickass:

Pellaz....I am a metalhead of many states resided. I travel the Ocoee River everyday going back and forth from Cleveland to Ducktown. The ATL was once my stomping grounds back in the late 80's. Metal travels with me no matter where I go.

:headbang::headbang:

Metal Camden...you guys rocked in Asheville!! Thanks for a great show. Just a little dissappointed you all didn't get more songs in though. Next time.

BTW...Sabrina has an outstanding voice. My wife who is a complete "non-metalhead" loved her. Great show.

Loved the Asheville show as well. My son and I had a great time. All bands sounded amazing!!!

Not the BG crowd, this is OK Go crowd in the pic i think.. but this is the Lincoln Theater venue. BG crowd was a bit smaller than this no? May have just been me, i was in the back on the second floor right behind the top steps of the staircase.

ijQ7ji

Setlist:
Sacred Worlds
Welcome to Dying
Born in a Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (at the Iron Hill)
This Will Never End
Bright Eyes
Lord of the Rings
A Voice in the Dark
Imaginations From the Other Side

Encore:
Wheel of Time
The Bard's Song - In the Forest
Majesty
Mirror Mirror

I'll be there, tonight! I'm gonna be the shrimp in the very front, wearing a black bandana and Doro t-shirt!

Not the BG crowd, this is OK Go crowd in the pic i think.. but this is the Lincoln Theater venue. BG crowd was a bit smaller than this no? May have just been me, i was in the back on the second floor right behind the top steps of the staircase.

ijQ7ji

hey...when was this pic taken? for seven kingdoms i was to the left wall and during blind guardian i was...in a secret place that i will not divulge so i can stand there the next time...alone.... ;)
cool pic btw (lots of colored shirts...not used to seeing other than black shirts...lol)

hey...when was this pic taken? for seven kingdoms i was to the left wall and during blind guardian i was...in a secret place that i will not divulge so i can stand there the next time...alone.... ;)
cool pic btw (lots of colored shirts...not used to seeing other than black shirts...lol)

Theres a band called "Ok Go" and this was from that show. I just google imaged for a shot of the venue or stage and this was the best i could do.

I just want to add how jealous I am of you people that got:

- Time What Is Time?
- Imaginations From The Other Side
- Traveller in Time

- Time What Is Time?
- Traveller in Time

I'm not sure that they played all three in one show, but I know we got two out of the three at the AZ stop. Traveller In Time and Imaginations from the Other Side.

Pellaz....I am a metalhead of many states resided. I travel the Ocoee River everyday going back and forth from Cleveland to Ducktown. The ATL was once my stomping grounds back in the late 80's. Metal travels with me no matter where I go.

:headbang::headbang:

Heh, awesome. If you were up in that area last winter, I assume you were Not Too Happy about the rockslide on US 64 (caught on tape) that blocked the highway and caused a 100+ mile detour. THAT'd be a helluva pain in the ass for a commute. (!)

Back on topic.........if that rockslide had happened in the Seven Kingdoms......umm.......Ned Stark would have cleared it within a day using just his sword and a stern look. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

- Time What Is Time?
- Traveller in Time

OMG Traveller in Time was AMAAAAZIIIIIING and so was Imaginations from the Other Side (from my favorite album of theirs!!)

Hansi held my hand twice, and I was in heaven. I almost beat the %&*$ out of some kid who stole my pick (come on, dude!!) but it was still a magical evening. Singing along to EVERYTHING, I learned a lot. Namely that I've got a strange fascination with old white men who can scream really well.

Setlist from the last night of the tour. Damn you guys got a sweet set!

Sacred Worlds
Welcome To Dying
Born In A Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
Traveller in Time
Punishment Divine
Lord of the Rings
A Voice in the Dark
And Then There Was Silence
----
Wheel of Time
The Bards Song - In the Forest
Valhalla
Mirror Mirror
Barbara Ann

Ned Stark would not have needed the sword to clear the rockslide.

And my ONE disappointment with my evening in Atlanta was NOT getting "Imaginations from the Other Side." That is one of my favorite songs for ANY occasion. It may very well be the theme song for raising my seven year old son.

Of course, if that was my only dissappointment, it must have been a really awesome night. Seven Kingdoms' set was even better than I had hoped for. If I did not say it clearly enough before, they were EPIC. Good writing, great stage energy, excellent song structure, and they will only get better - I look forward to seeing them several more times over the years.