The Official Seven Kingdoms Tour Diary

I'm not sure that they played all three in one show, but I know we got two out of the three at the AZ stop. Traveller In Time and Imaginations from the Other Side.

I'm jealous of anyone who got any of those songs. Didn't mean it had to be all three in one show.

Like you. Lucky bastards. I think I'm most jealous of Detroit who got Ashes To Ashes.

I'm jealous of anyone who got any of those songs. Didn't mean it had to be all three in one show.

Like you. Lucky bastards. I think I'm most jealous of Detroit who got Ashes To Ashes.

I hear ya. Last night got Punishment Divine which was a surprise.

OMG Traveller in Time was AMAAAAZIIIIIING and so was Imaginations from the Other Side (from my favorite album of theirs!!)

Hansi held my hand twice, and I was in heaven. I almost beat the %&*$ out of some kid who stole my pick (come on, dude!!) but it was still a magical evening. Singing along to EVERYTHING, I learned a lot. Namely that I've got a strange fascination with old white men who can scream really well.

Jealous. :bah:

But not jealous of the hand-holding part. Or old men screaming part (which I assume is a reference to the show and not something that happened later).

Glad you had a good time.

Last night's show was simply magnificent!

Seven Kingdoms were totally awesome, just like in Philly, but gone was any hint of nervousness. What we saw was a confident, mature band. I really hope for a bright future for Seven Kingdoms and would love to see you guys again and again.

Holy Grail definitely got the crowd going, but they're not really my thing, so I will not add much.

Blind Guardian's set was spectacular and the crowd enjoyed the show immensely. People sang along and rocked out with every song.

Unfortunately, from my standpoint, Jaxx does not have a photo-pit, so I had to contend with standing in the back by the sound board and holding the camera high above my head. I also went over to the side behind the amps and got some shots from that angle for SK and HG, but I couldn't make my way during BG because there were too many people.

Unfortunately, from my standpoint, Jaxx does not have a photo-pit, so I had to contend with standing in the back by the sound board and holding the camera high above my head. I also went over to the side behind the amps and got some shots from that angle for SK and HG, but I couldn't make my way during BG because there were too many people.

Ditto for Masquerade in Atlanta. I used the "camera held over the head" technique - thank god for the 60D's flip out screen! I got two fairly epic shots, which I have have shared with those stupid enough to be my FB friends. One excellent one of HG's guitarist bending strings like a brutish heathen, and a pic taken during BG's encore where some weird optic acid occurred... wispy blue smoke in the lower L corner with a dude's face in it! I think my camera's eyepiece captured a ghost image, and superimposed it on the shot of Marcus. Pretty cool, I can't wait to clean it up...assuming I ever get off my ass to do so.

I could have had better SK pics if they didn't use SO MUCH DAMNED RED LIGHTING (hint hint hint).

Ditto for Masquerade in Atlanta. I used the "camera held over the head" technique - thank god for the 60D's flip out screen! I got two fairly epic shots, which I have have shared with those stupid enough to be my FB friends. One excellent one of HG's guitarist bending strings like a brutish heathen, and a pic taken during BG's encore where some weird optic acid occurred...

I could have had better SK pics if they didn't use SO MUCH DAMNED RED LIGHTING (hint hint hint).

I have a Sony a300 that has a flip screen as well. I got a great tele-macro lens that I used last night and for some shots I had the camera on apperture priority and in some on shutter priority. No flash. From what I discerned on the preview screen, I will probably have a few nice shots.

During the show in Philly I used a standard lens and the camera's built-in flash and the results were OK, but not entirely to my liking. To be fair, I am relatively new to concert phoyography, so I still have much to learn.

I'll post a link to the Jaxx photos once I have them uploaded.

Holy Grail definitely got the crowd going, but they're not really my thing, so I will not add much.

I loved the SHIT out of Holy Grail. I LOOOOOVED them! I loved their energy, and what they brought to the crowd, and how much energy they all had! The stage dive... would have been much better, had he not landed on my head. I'm 5'. Nobody sees me. :(

I loved the SHIT out of Holy Grail. I LOOOOOVED them! I loved their energy, and what they brought to the crowd, and how much energy they all had! The stage dive... would have been much better, had he not landed on my head. I'm 5'. Nobody sees me. :(

I hope that you didn't get injured. My 5'3" fiancee feels your pain as well. She loved HG too. She was a headbanging maniac for their set. My friends who were with us at the show in Philly liked them as well.

I saw White Wizzard at Jaxx in January 2010. I don't know whether at the time they were one with Holy Grail or a separate band, but HG sounded exactly the same to me.

During the show in Philly I used a standard lens and the camera's built-in flash and the results were OK, but not entirely to my liking. To be fair, I am relatively new to concert phoyography, so I still have much to learn.

If you plan on doing it with any seriousness, don't ever use a god damn flash. Figure out how to not need it. You'll get better shots every time.

5308445726_552827c911_z.jpg

Cam has fun on stage.

5308445726_552827c911_z.jpg

Cam has fun on stage.

thats sick man!

I finally got all the videos from tour compiled and will be starting the youtube series here in a few days! I hope to have the first videos ready to go in a few weeks.

Thanks to all that came out! It was so awesome to meet yall finally! Heres to a new year and a new Seven Kingdoms record to come soon as well ;)

A little late to say so, I'll admit, but the VA show so completely drained me that I've been sick since the 23rd of December! :zombie:

SK ROCKED ! :headbang:
Like I told Sabrina after your set, I'd never heard of you until BG announced the tour so I looked you up on Napster - and my anticipation for the show jumped several notches!

So, I put my fellow attendees (2 nephews and my daughter, who's ticket was a birthday present) on notice that they should be prepared to be impressed - and they were!

I'd already resolved to get the new CD and am grateful you all happily signed the cover for me. I was going to buy one for my daughter when I noticed she had one in hand and was also asking for autographs! :tickled:

I thought one nephew was going to purchase, but it turned out he hadn't brought enough ca$h (and I was tapped out too, due to some confusion over which BG shirt my daughter wanted). So, I've ordered him one from Amazon as an additional Christmas gift (we haven't seen each other since the show cuz I've been ill).

For that matter, now that holiday shopping is done I can order myself a SK shirt!

RE: Holy Grail - As I also said to Sabrina, maybe I've mellowed with age, but I preferred SK's 'melodic metal'. ;)
While I appreciate the 'old school metal' feel HG brings, SK was a better matchup for BG's crowd - at least here in the states, IMHO.

P.S. I emailed the JAXX folks and told them how much we all enjoyed the 12/22 show and that they should definitely invite the BG + SK lineup back. Their response:
Glad that you had a good time :) I'm sure they will return.

Dave Beebe

So, even though JAXX is a 2hr drive south for us, we'll be watching for your return! :cool:

PPS: Any chance we'll see any of the video Sabrina was shooting during the show?

PPPS: Thanx to NuclearFire166 for posting the JAXX show photos!
Found some photos from MN show are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonwu/5222711891/in/photostream/

A little late to say so, I'll admit, but the VA show so completely drained me that I've been sick since the 23rd of December! :zombie:

SK ROCKED ! :headbang:
Like I told Sabrina after your set, I'd never heard of you until BG announced the tour so I looked you up on Napster - and my anticipation for the show jumped several notches!

So, I put my fellow attendees (2 nephews and my daughter, who's ticket was a birthday present) on notice that they should be prepared to be impressed - and they were!

I'd already resolved to get the new CD and am grateful you all happily signed the cover for me. I was going to buy one for my daughter when I noticed she had one in hand and was also asking for autographs! :tickled:

I thought one nephew was going to purchase, but it turned out he hadn't brought enough ca (and I was tapped out too, due to some confusion over which BG shirt my daughter wanted). So, I've ordered him one from Amazon as an additional Christmas gift (we haven't seen each other since the show cuz I've been ill).

For that matter, now that holiday shopping is done I can order myself a SK shirt!

RE: Holy Grail - As I also said to Sabrina, maybe I've mellowed with age, but I preferred SK's 'melodic metal'. ;)
While I appreciate the 'old school metal' feel HG brings, SK was a better matchup for BG's crowd - at least here in the states, IMHO.

P.S. I emailed the JAXX folks and told them how much we all enjoyed the 12/22 show and that they should definitely invite the BG + SK lineup back. Their response:
Glad that you had a good time :) I'm sure they will return.

Dave Beebe

So, even though JAXX is a 2hr drive south for us, we'll be watching for your return! :cool:

PPS: Any chance we'll see any of the video Sabrina was shooting during the show?

PPPS: Thanx to NuclearFire166 for posting the JAXX show photos!
Found some photos from MN show are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonwu/5222711891/in/photostream/

awesome dude! im glad you had a great time!

Yes we will be getting that footage out. they guys are coming up this weekend so i can finish the interviews for the youtube series. then all i have to do is edit it all down :)

Maybe the same thing happened at the Atlanta show, 'cause I've been sick ever since then, too. Not 'flat-on-my-back' sick, but sinus-and-rough-throat sick.

I'm officially blaming someone. Dunno who, yet, but you shall rue the day.

Well?
Start rueing!! :lol: