Volbeat Touring US Again

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
Only have 6 dates but there's obviously more to come as there's almost two weeks of dates to be announced between Chicago and San Fran. No support band info either.

NYC, Anaheim, and Chicago presales start today.

http://www.livenation.com/Revolver-Presents-VOLBEAT-tickets/artist/1535152?tm_link=edp_Artist_Name

Wed Mar 23
Irving Plaza NYC

Thu Mar 24
Theater of the Living Arts Philladelphia

Sat Mar 26
Saint Andrews Hall Detroit

Sun Mar 27
House of Blues Chicago

Fri Apr 8
Fillmore San Francisco

Sat Apr 9
House of Blues Anaheim

Unfortunately, I will be missing this tour as well unless they throw in a completely out of place Boston date that first weekend of April.

Sweet! I'll definitely be hitting this one up. Their popularity is definitely increasing if they're now booked for HOB.

Revolver is on board as the tour sponsor so I imagine this will get heavy promotion. Curious what kind of band is going to end up as support though.

YES!!! Yes, Volbeat is coming back! Yes, they're playing Irving Plaza! Yes, I will get my ticket EARLY before it sells out and I will not buy a forged ticket from a d-bag scalper. But if I see him there, I'm going after him. :Shedevil:

I think the presale password for ny is tribute

Sweet! I'll definitely be hitting this one up. Their popularity is definitely increasing if they're now booked for HOB.

A song from Volbeat's new CD has been #1 on the Sirius/XM metal channel's weekly countdown for two weeks in a row. In reality this means that their label or publicity firm shelled out some serious (pardon the pun) cash to get that #1 slot, but still......

In reality this means that their label or publicity firm shelled out some serious (pardon the pun) cash to get that #1 slot, but still......

Ehh care to elaborate? You don't buy your songs on the radio, let along buy your songs to get to number 1.

A song from Volbeat's new CD has been #1 on the Sirius/XM metal channel's weekly countdown for two weeks in a row. In reality this means that their label or publicity firm shelled out some serious (pardon the pun) cash to get that #1 slot, but still......

You beat me to it, It was again #1 again this week so that makes it 3 weeks in a row, and it is getting serious playtime on Octane, and Liquid Metal.

Ehh care to elaborate? You don't buy your songs on the radio,

Well, Sirius/XM are hoping I'll cough up $10/month to buy some songs on the radio...namely theirs. :)
To the point of the alleged countdown, there is no official mechanism for listeners to answer a poll or express their requests, aside from some commenting ability on Liquid Metal's Facebook page. So, what determines chart position? Ian Christie's tea leaves? José Mangin's entrails? :heh:

Nahhh, it's good old cash, or perks, or sponsorships, etc.

let along buy your songs to get to number 1.

As Glenn posted, payola is alive and well. Heck, back in the heyday of Headbangers Ball (and probably today too), labels and promo firms paid for airplay, pretty much quid pro quo. A friends' band* got six airings of their video on HBB because that's exactly what MTV was paid to play.

----
* Mutha's Day Out, from Batesville AR