Voyager - album of the year

TitoC

Nov 30, 2004
Without hesitation I have declared this THE album of 2011. Hands down. I have plenty of excellent releases this year, but this album hits 100%. From the band stretching themselves musically and arrangement wise to the production and ultimate presentation of of the album is nothing short of stunning. I don't care if you prefer metal, prog, hard rock, classical, whatever...this is a Buy or Die CD if I've ever come across one.

Brilliant. So glad I bought more than one copy - because the one I'm listening to now will not last long! I couldn't be happier. Great end to the week!

Thanks Ken...thanks Voyager!!!

Tito

Without hesitation I have declared this THE album of 2011. Hands down. I have plenty of excellent releases this year, but this album hits 100%. From the band stretching themselves musically and arrangement wise to the production and ultimate presentation of of the album is nothing short of stunning. I don't care if you prefer metal, prog, hard rock, classical, whatever...this is a Buy or Die CD if I've ever come across one.

Brilliant. So glad I bought more than one copy - because the one I'm listening to now will not last long! I couldn't be happier. Great end to the week!

Thanks Ken...thanks Voyager!!!

Tito

Mine should arrive early next week ( I hope)..

Hmmm... Album of the year? Too early for me to tell, especially with the new Arena & Airbag due soon! :danceboy:

Bilateral was a fantastic disc, but track 6 (Waste of Air) is just incredibly boring to me and I find myself wanting to skip it every time. There's a two-minute part from about 1:20-3:20 where nothing interesting at all is going on and the rest of the song really doesn't do anything for me either. It just really bugs me because the rest of the album is so great!

Anyway, just got Voyager but I haven't listened to it yet. I'm really looking forward to it though.

Bilateral was a fantastic disc, but track 6 (Waste of Air) is just incredibly boring to me and I find myself wanting to skip it every time. There's a two-minute part from about 1:20-3:20 where nothing interesting at all is going on and the rest of the song really doesn't do anything for me either. It just really bugs me because the rest of the album is so great!

Anyway, just got Voyager but I haven't listened to it yet. I'm really looking forward to it though.

I'm not surprised with this comment. I can see a lot of people disliking this track. For some reason, I love it. I always bust it out at full volume when I'm in the car. It's a track full of tension, like Symphony X's Death of Balance... love it!

I finally listened via headphones last night to the Voyager CD. Excellent cd. Very melodic. It will definitely be in my top 10 of 2011. Joseph Magazine is also a great prog metal cd. Can't wait for the new Haken.

For me, Leprous is the best of 2011 so far and by far.
Arch / Matheos would rank among my best top 5 as well.
I should receive Voyager by next week.

Dream T and Opeth = decent albums but not enough for the top 5 spots IMO.

Benoit:

I agree that Leprous and Arch/Matheos are great releases. Dream Theater and Opeth? IMHO - superb as well.

I think your perception of what the best releases of 2011 are will change momentarily. Sit tight.

oh yeah! I will sit tight and wait for some great releases:headbang:

The thing about perception is that we expect maybe too much from some established band like Dream T and Opeth.

So far, my top cd's for this year are :

Symphony X - Iconoclast
Dream Theater - A Dramatic Turn of Events ( best so far)
Arch Matheos - Sympathetic Resonance
Eumeria - Rebel Mind

oh yeah! I will sit tight and wait for some great releases:headbang:

The thing about perception is that we expect maybe too much from some established band like Dream T and Opeth.

Hi Blass,

Both of these bands are getting mostly positive reviews....but there are still many who are disappointed with both. I usually never expect any cd's to be amazing, even from the bands I love....so when they turn out great, i am really happy. I did look forward to both of these bands....one blew me away, the other left me scratching my head, unfortunately. I still love Opeth and I always will......we'll see what the next one sounds like in a couple of years.