Who would you have in your dream prog/power metal band?

Just my personal opinion... LaBrie is the weakest link in the band and Live just doesn't hold up well. I have seen DT 13 times and I'd say he only meet my expectations 4 or 5 times. I can just hear DC singing these songs and doing a fine job. The two times I have seen DC he was incredible and flawless... just my three cents:saint:

Oh, you were talking about Dream Theater. You had mentioned a great band, you can see my confusion. :lol:

Guitar: Jorn Viggo Lofstad of Pagan's Mind
Guitar: Marcel Coenen of Sun Caged
Drums: Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater
Keyboard: Jens Johansson (Yngwie, Stratovarius)
Bass: Andreas Blomqvist of Seventh Wonder
Vocals: Jorn Lande (possibly Russel Allen and Jeff Scott Soto as runners up)

Btw: You who don't care about bass, check this shit out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Azrael, I have been saying that for years, that D.C. would be the perfect fit for Dream Theater. He could really take them to the next level, because with laBrie, I think they can't progress much further than they have. I think they hit their peak with scenes from a memory and just haven't been able to go beyond that, but a new singer, especially somebody like D.C., would just kick all kinds of ass. I personally think Silent Force hit their peak with infatuator, and that he needs to find a new band now, although I do like the cds after that one, they just didn't have the same effect as the first 2 did.

Hey Azrael, I have been saying that for years, that D.C. would be the perfect fit for Dream Theater.

It will never happen. Labrie is the signature voice for DT. They were not even a dust mote before he joined & they released I&W. Which means he was crucial in putting them on the map. Is he the same as he was back in the day? No...but that can be said about alot of the vocalists out there today...but they're still out there.

Hey Azrael, I have been saying that for years, that D.C. would be the perfect fit for Dream Theater. He could really take them to the next level, because with laBrie, I think they can't progress much further than they have. I think they hit their peak with scenes from a memory and just haven't been able to go beyond that, but a new singer, especially somebody like D.C., would just kick all kinds of ass. I personally think Silent Force hit their peak with infatuator, and that he needs to find a new band now, although I do like the cds after that one, they just didn't have the same effect as the first 2 did.

Right on:headbang:
I love Silent Force but their last two just cant touch their first two... DC has far to great a voice to not be in the spotlight!:kickass:

vocals/guitar - Michael Akerfeldt
guitar - Anders Nystrom
guitar - Jeff Loomis
bass - Stephan Fimmers (played bass on Necrophagist's epitaph), or Lars Norberg, or Steve DiGiorgio, or Erik Tiwaz(borknagar)
drums - Dan Swano
keys - Matt Guillory

Since I can't just pick Dream Theater (especially with LaBrie), here's my lineup:

Lead Vocals/Guitar--Daniel Gildenlow
Guitar/Backing Vocals--Steve Vai
Guitar/Backing Vocals--Paul Gilbert
Keyboards--Gunter Werno
Bass/Backing Vocals--Barry Sparks
Drums--Virgil Donati

What I tried to do was think of musicians who are not only at the top of the heap, but are also team players who would have a great songwriting chemistry.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Since I can't just pick Dream Theater (especially with LaBrie), here's my lineup:

Lead Vocals/Guitar--Daniel Gildenlow
Guitar/Backing Vocals--Steve Vai
Guitar/Backing Vocals--Paul Gilbert
Keyboards--Gunter Werno
Bass/Backing Vocals--Barry Sparks
Drums--Virgil Donati

What I tried to do was think of musicians who are not only at the top of the heap, but are also team players who would have a great songwriting chemistry.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Gunter Werno is truly one of the best... a musical genius...anyone who has even spent a fraction of time with him could see this!!!

Jorn Lande- Vocals
Neil Schon- Guitar
Steve Vai- Guitar
Tommy Aldridge- Drums
Geddy Lee- Bass

ok so it might not be a prog or metal band but would make for one hell of an interesting hard rock outfit.