would greatly appreciate some feedback for a rock track

Sep 1, 2001
Chicago
Visit site
Hey there! This is a song i wrote and recorded awhile ago but just retouched. I got SSD3.0 so i wanted to try the sounds on that and i'm thinking its sounding alright. The guitars were recorded a few months back with a shitty srat and i'm pretty lazy so i don't feel like re-recording them even though it would probably sound much better.

The musical style is just rock i guess. This song reminds me of early to mid 90's alternative rock in the vein of old goo goo dolls or "rainmaker" era last days of april.

I used Logic Pro 8. My interface is a presonus firepod 8 i/o.
Guitars: cheap strat plugged directly into board. Amplitube Fender
Bass: Cheap ibanez. Directly into board with Amplitube Fender
Drums: Slate 3.0. It was one of the radio rock kits with the led zep snare.

A couple things i noticed when i put some t-racks mastering on the output bus is that the hi-hat got loud and the cymbals got too hissy. The song is only roughly mixed so do not be overly critical. Occasionally there are parts where the guitars are too loud. No vocals yet. Just lookin for some nice feedback and what you guys think of this work in progress.
Also what do you guys think of the drums? This is my first project with programming steven slate drums so it still needs work but i think it sounds pretty decent.

Thanks!
www.soundclick.com/poppyharlow

I really like this really fits nicely together. ........(On my speakers) the bass doesnt sit in the pocket as well as it could..maybe a little more low end or grind to the bass? anyways really dig the mix. what are you doing to the guitars? what presets? what post? awesome sound!

hey thanks! yea i was thinking i should do something to the bass to spice it up a little. maybe a little overdrive or distortion would help. maybe cut a little lower mid.
For the main guitars i just recorded 2 tracks and panned them hard left and hard right. i then layered them but used a different impulse (instead of the amplitube fender ones). i delayed these layered tracks just a little bit (about 600 samples) and didnt pan them quite as hard. There might be a little bit of compression on one or two of those tracks but thats about it. supposed to be a dirty sound. im glad you liked it. thanks for your input!

I really like the whole sound. It is not perfect but IT FITS.
Nice guitars, what presets did you used? And what do you mean layered? So we are talking for 4 tracks of guitars but 2 guitars recorded? What impulses you used?

yea 2 guitars recorded but put to 4 tracks. 2 of them just used the amplitube fender cabs and the other two used impulses. Its either some orange cabinet impulses or catharsis highpres impulse (thanks!). all of them were just guitar straight into the board and then straight into logic. I used amplitube fender for all 4 of them (the sonic head or whatever the shit thats called). I put some slight delay on 2 of the guitar tracks so it wasnt so phasey.