Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force- Perpetual Flame (W/ Tim "Ripper" Owens)

So what did he say about it?

Sorry, we didn't get a chance to chat. ;) The Blender was packed and hot as hell. We bolted to the relatively clear air of a favorite pub while the last note was still lingering in the fetid air.

As for the show, it was a little tighter than the one in Jersey, but not by much. Ripper was wailing away, but the sound system had him sounding a bit too sharp, tinny or something. The natural bass timber of his voice was a bit squashed. Don't know if anyone knows wtf I'm talking about.

Sorry, we didn't get a chance to chat. ;) The Blender was packed and hot as hell. We bolted to the relatively clear air of a favorite pub while the last note was still lingering in the fetid air.

As for the show, it was a little tighter than the one in Jersey, but not by much. Ripper was wailing away, but the sound system had him sounding a bit too sharp, tinny or something. The natural bass timber of his voice was a bit squashed. Don't know if anyone knows wtf I'm talking about.
Oh well, too bad. I just hope they book an ATL gig ASAP!:headbang:

I got to see YJM Sunday night in St. Pete, Florida and good god.....I think Yngwie is getting faster with age. He's a complete freak! Thankfully, unlike the last time I saw Yngwie, I could actually HEAR the vocals and I thought Owens was fantastic. I was disappointed that they weren't selling the new cd at the show, but I managed to find one today. After a couple of listens, I have to say that this might be my favorite cd with Ripper singing. Something about it just clicks for me....good aggressive stuff with some good screams! I think this may be Yngwies best release since Facing The Animal.

BTW- I counted Yngwies guitar amps on stage....23 power amps and 13 speaker cabinets. That's not counting his monitor amps. What an ad for Marshall!