YJM's Perpetual Flame burneth

Ascension

New Metal Member
Nov 7, 2002
The Last Frontier
Visit site
More news on the Yngwie front...

The global rock guitar community will undoubtedly mark October 14, 2008 on their calendars, as this is the exact date that Yngwie Malmsteen will be issuing his latest studio triumph, Perpetual Flame. The album will the first-ever Yngwie album to be released via Rising Force Records (distributed via Koch), while the album also marks the debut on an Yngwie album by ex-Judas Priest/Iced Earth frontman, Tim 'Ripper' Owens.
Twelve tracks of pure six string metallic bliss (which stretches to almost 70 minutes total), the album was produced and engineered by Yngwie himself, and mixed by Roy Z(who has previously worked with Judas Priest and Bruce Dickinson, among others). Joining Yngwie and Ripper on the album is keyboardist Derek Sherinian and drummer Patrick Johansson(Yngwie contributed bass, additional keyboards, and vocals, as well),but on tour, Michael Troywill supply keyboards, and Bjorn Englenwill be laying down the bass.

Too bad Sherinian's not touring with him.

I heard a boot from the first gig with Ripper. He sounded great on some tunes, and very average on others.
I'll pick this up, the studio stuff should be cool...

More news on the Yngwie front...

The global rock guitar community will undoubtedly mark October 14, 2008 on their calendars, as this is the exact date that Yngwie Malmsteen will be issuing his latest studio triumph, Perpetual Flame. The album will the first-ever Yngwie album to be released via Rising Force Records (distributed via Koch), while the album also marks the debut on an Yngwie album by ex-Judas Priest/Iced Earth frontman, Tim 'Ripper' Owens.
Twelve tracks of pure six string metallic bliss (which stretches to almost 70 minutes total), the album was produced and engineered by Yngwie himself, and mixed by Roy Z(who has previously worked with Judas Priest and Bruce Dickinson, among others). Joining Yngwie and Ripper on the album is keyboardist Derek Sherinian and drummer Patrick Johansson(Yngwie contributed bass, additional keyboards, and vocals, as well),but on tour, Michael Troywill supply keyboards, and Bjorn Englenwill be laying down the bass.

Too bad Sherinian's not touring with him.
This is gonna SO rule!:headbang::kickass::worship: here's to my favorite guitar player EVER!:worship:

i was convinced yngwie needed to hang it up, but thats one good ass line up hes got...

hopefully malmsteen dug for some creativity this time around.

ripper and derek both OWN though, so they should definitely bring alot to this cd, im very interested in hearing it.

any samples up yet?