Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force- Perpetual Flame (W/ Tim "Ripper" Owens)

I'm sure I'd own at least 6 more Yngwie cds (I have 5) if he would simply hire someone who can do even a decent job with production. None of the 5 I do own sound very good either (though Fire & Ice is okay). Maybe he's deaf, who knows, but he really really sucks at production.

I just can't bring myself to support Malmsteen any longer, Ripper or no Ripper. For those of you that haven't already, read the interview with Jon Oliva in this year's ProgPower program for a funny story about a meeting between Malmsteen and the great Criss Oliva. Criss gave Malmsteen some food for thought both off stage and on stage! :lol::headbang:

~Brian~

What is the link to this interview sir?

I'm not sure if there is one. I read the interview in this year's ProgPower Program.

~Brian~

Interviews with all of the bands that played this year -- including the interview with Jon Oliva -- are here. Links to the interviews were posted on the Forum starting in, if I recall correctly, late July and continued through a couple of weeks before PPUSA IX.

Bill

Interviews with all of the bands that played this year -- including the interview with Jon Oliva -- are here. Links to the interviews were posted on the Forum starting in, if I recall correctly, late July and continued through a couple of weeks before PPUSA IX.

Bill
I think the problem is (specific to this thread) that the online version does not contain the comment about Yngwie.

Zod

Production on the album is disappointing however, I saw him a couple weeks ago in San Diego at HOB. Yngwie still has amazing chops and is completely entertaining to watch. For that he gets my vote:headbang:

All albums Yngwie released up til "Facing the animal" was top notch more or less. From "Alchemy" uptil now the production has been poor. But, I must say that "Perpetual flame" has the best production together with "Attack" by judging the albums he has released after "Alchemy". If you compare "Perpetual flame" with "War to end all wars" then the new album (Perpetual flame) is TOP NOTCH in comparrision productionwise but, still there are lots left to wish for when it comes to the production. For you who haven't heard the album this might give you a clue. Songwise I think this is the best album since "Facing the animal" thou. A few fillers mixed up with a bunch of really Goddamn great songs.

Good show last night. The highlight was DEFINITELY Ripper. He was totally on and his voice sounded awesome. Yngwie even let him stand out a bit now and then. Would have been nice to fine tune the mix a little more and let the keyboards leak through now and then....especially during the keyboard solos!

Yngwie was Yngwie. He's trimmed down a bit which makes him appear a lot more energetic them some of the past lethargic performance. His guitar playing was smooth, but he seriously needs to stop with the antics of swinging the instrument around his back, flipping it in the air etc. Or at least cut back. I want to hear him PLAY, not listen to recorded stuff while he plays vaudeville juggler. We all had a laugh at his HUGE stack of Marshalls. Dude, there ain't no way you have all seven towers operating. That would be enough for an arena. Cut down the window dressing superfluous equipment and buy your self a nice banner. Your road crew will thank you.

Didn't write down the set list, but, for me, he played a nice mix of favorites, new stuff, instrumental and songs with vocals. Got a little boring about 2/3's through when Yngwie went off on an instrumental tangent, but he followed it up with some real power and Ripper let loose, so the night was saved. The new stuff sounds GREAT live.