ZERO HOUR Announces new Lead Singer - sound clip available

Ok, now this is cool. I really feel that Chris is a part of ZH. He posted here on the board that is excellent. Welcome Chris. Your Vox is killer. Your work on PoO's "Eyes of the oracle" is great and I dig the clip with ZH. I just can't wait to unveil my ears to the ZERO HOUR.

pUrE AND hARD \m/

I used to hang on the UM forums a little more. These days, Zero Hour is about the only forum I come to here. Sometimes, I hit the musicians forum. I am a guitar player and singer for 21 years and a bass player for about four. I mess with keyboards and drums. I am hoping to do my own demo sometime soon. If I get a little detail oriented on what I hear, I hope nobody minds. I am training myself for my own recordings. I try to stay positive, but constructive criticism is helpful to everyone. I am sure the guys in the band understand what I say, as some of them are music teachers and surely know how to give criticism.

Back to the real deal here, ZH, I hope contract negotiations are going well. Even with some line-up changes, I am sure the labels are recognizing the true power and value of the bands' future.

Rock On, Guys!!!!

97reb,

Always stay postive in the writing and recording process bro. There have been times where we go weeks (and that's 4 nights a week just devoted to writing) without adding a part to our tunes. Just know when you finally find that right part your writing and recording knowledge just went another lev

Best of luck with everything brutha......YOU RULE!!

Jasun/ZH

you guys gotta grow up learn to how to get along with people.fred was the shit ,thats why you were looking for him and thats why you used him on the last album.just as i get used to the new voice of the band it changes ,might as well change the name as far as im concerned.find a new singer make sure he is going to work out then make your announcements and start recording.anyways ,what is freds new project?where can i hear that? i think you made an excellent choice in singers last time around and to be honest im more interested in what his new project sounds like .

vampirate said:
you guys gotta grow up learn to how to get along with people.fred was the shit ,thats why you were looking for him and thats why you used him on the last album.just as i get used to the new voice of the band it changes ,might as well change the name as far as im concerned.find a new singer make sure he is going to work out then make your announcements and start recording.anyways ,what is freds new project?where can i hear that? i think you made an excellent choice in singers last time around and to be honest im more interested in what his new project sounds like .

Hey Fred, how are you man? :lol:

Soon you guys will be able to do an Ayreon-style metal opera by rounding up all your old vocalists :cool:

As much as I loved Erik and Fred (both did great at writing awesome vocals over your music, which I assume would be pretty hard), I think that the change a new singer brings is also great!

And he sounds awesome, theres that too.

this IS fred.

how have all you been.]
been kinda layin low, but keeping my eye on the forum here.

first thing i would like to say is that it was awesome to be able to record an album with the zh boys. :headbang: they ARE as nice as everyone sais they are.

and i am happy they are off and rocking with a newer album, and singer. that new guy kills. i am truly happy for them.

i might have gone into the studio alot nervous, and a little too enthusiastic,. and throw three killer musicians, virtuosos if you will, in with an out of town singer, who usually does things the way he(me) wants to, there could be a little tension. but all in all, i would do it a thousand times over.

plus the guys knew i lived in houston, and had a family, and couldnt tour at the time, so i think we all looked at it as if i were the interim singer, even before i recorded with them. and i just kinda layed low, so as not to cause controversy, or hurt record sales....

as for what i am doing now,:
well, i am doing long distance song writing with my long time guitar player marc pattison, and we about got seven songs to shop, if anyone knows someone interested, drop me a message,.it is seriously gonna rock.

also, i have some offers to record on other prog metal albums, but i cannot divulge the details., and have not yet decided if i want to go that route.

anyway, thanx jasun and troy. twas a blast. you guys shred. its all good on my end.

oh yeah, it IS hard to write shit over zero hour material. really hard...challenging... and fun as hell...

peace all

this is one bad ass clip, now this zero hour at his best! :headbang:
i like afm, but towers its just much better, and this clip wow, is up there with towers, great stuff.
the new vocals fit well, not erik but nice, with the music sounding like this i dont even care about vocals lol. great stuff!:kickass: vocals are good too eheh

vampirate said:
Nice turdfest. Fred could be an asshole for all you know. I'm not saying he is, but fans have no idea what people are like behind closed doors, to pass judgement is stupid. This is about music, not the behind the scenes details. The most important thing here is the music. Fred is gone, Chris is in. Turn the page, another chapter, still a great book.

Hi,

when I understand it right, then the Song from the Mainpage, the one for download, is from a upcoming Album that is behind the A FRAGILE MIND album, right ?

I bought the CD yesterday when I saw it in our Record Shop. I was so surprise to see a CD of ZH finally there. Its not like you can get ZH Cd´s so easily. ;) I had the older CD´s as MP3 from a friend, and I loved it.

But A FRAGILE MIND sure kicks ass again. :headbang:

Any Info when this new Album is coming or did I misinterprete something ?

Greets

Wolfseye aka Gerd

I think the band is still looking for a new deal; hopefully they will anounce something soon. But yes the track you hear is music that will be present on the new CD; a more heavier and teachnical CD than Towers! I am really looking forward to hearing some positive news.
John
Zero Hour rules!!!!

ZERO HOUR rox for sure. I have the A FRAGILE MIND CD only 2 days now, and I already heard it endless times. :loco:

For me its already the best Album of 2006. Only a new CD of ZH can change that, but then 2 CD´s would be the Album of the year :heh: :heh:

Wolfseye

P.S: Btw, greetings from good old Germany. ;)

I am so glad that Chris is the new singer for ZH! I loved his vocals on the Power of Omens "Rooms Of Anguish" cd but could never get into it because of the insanely busy drums that overpowered everything. I was disappointed when they broke up and wondered if Chris would do anything else. Now I can't wait for the new ZH cd.

Thanks so much for checking out the disc wolfseye and glad you enjoy the CD!!!

No one is more excited than Troy, Mikey and I to have Chris on board. STOKED that your excited as well. (II=I and many others on this board)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Jasun/ZH