Car Thread

Ya, big ass fucking tires that are going to rape your gas mileage and strain your power steering pump and hubs.

For a real answer, it looks like they are Nitto brand (never heard of them), Trail Grappler M/T model in the size is 36x12 50r18 aka 432/50r18 (18" wheel). The wheels are pretty sweet looking though, I'll admit that, although I couldn't tell you what the brand is.

It's a nice looking Jeep, but I wouldn't want a truck with that aggressive of a tire unless you plan on going off roading a lot.

Yeah I'm moving up to Maine this summer. Gonna hot the ATV trails in the Jackman-Moose River Region. There's over 300+ miles of unspoiled wilderness and scenic vistas. I'm just looking for something that's good for city driving as well as trails marked and maintained. With so many miles to ride and explore I really want something that can do it all.

Just FYI, as badass as Jeep Wranglers are offroad, they have horrible gas mileage before you put gas guzzling tires on them.

When I switched from factory touring 265/65 tires on my truck to Goodyear Wranglers 285/70, I lost 1 mpg from an already low mpg. Like a 10% city mpg loss. I have several friends with Wranglers, and I have been told they get equivalent gas mileage to my "omega truck", as KD puts it.

Edit: Nitto are fairly common out here, but with all this desert to traverse, the ATV market is booming so I see all sorts of "baja cruisers" on a regular basis.

Dude, for what you're going to spend on that Jeep, because Jeeps are WAY overpriced for such a common vehicle that is also made in America ffs, you could buy an older model Civic for your daily driver and a older Jeep or truck with four-wheel drive.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. I mean I took all of this into consideration. The Jeep I posted is a want not a need and besides I'd either have to loan or lease it.

I am thinking about going with the 98 Wrangler or maybe leasing a 2011 Rubicon or Sport.

You guys sound like you know what you're talking about so any further suggestions is much appreciated.

Dude, for what you're going to spend on that Jeep, because Jeeps are WAY overpriced for such a common vehicle that is also made in America ffs, you could buy an older model Civic for your daily driver and a older Jeep or truck with four-wheel drive.

This is probably the best advice. You would also do better gas mileage wise with an old Toyota 4x4 whether a truck or suv, and throw some good wide AT tires on it. Just 4x4 and AT tires on any small truck/suv will get you a hell of a lot of places, except shit like the Rubicon Trail.

If you go off of any trails much though expect to blow a tire or bust some shocks, etc. So figure an older vehicle is cheaper to maintain, and buying $500-$1,000 tires is kind of pointless. Taking 2 spare tires and a really good jack/jack base is recommended, as are chains or a winch and skid plate. If you want to stay out driving a long time, an auxiliary gas tank is a nice addon as well, as offroad gas miliage is usually worse than town driving.

You would be fine with BFG AT T/A KO, probably the most popular general purpose AT tire out there. I prefer the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor line, for the kevlar, and tread aesthetics.

My car is up for inspection very very soon. Not looking forward to getting shit fixed on it because I know it's going to be all things I don't want to hear. This Saab of mine has served me well but getting things fixed on it is a major pain in the ass.

It runs out of engine coolant almost the day after I put more in the tank, it's either leaking coolant somewhere or something worse. Fuck.

I just purchased one of these beauties:

1997_honda_accord_se_vicksburg_ms_11544728.jpg

I'll post pics of my actual car later, thought it looks pretty much exactly like the one in this photo.

My car is up for inspection very very soon. Not looking forward to getting shit fixed on it because I know it's going to be all things I don't want to hear. This Saab of mine has served me well but getting things fixed on it a major pain in the ass.

It runs out of engine coolant almost the day after I put more in the tank, it's either leaking coolant somewhere or something worse. Fuck.

My car needs a new sticker in may... I know a garage that just gives you one though.

Fucked the head up on my grand am a while back... it was spewing coolant out the overflow when i turned the car off... I used some $30 bottle of sealant and it fixed it.

The grand am has been acting odd lately... I think it's the weather getting warm then cold and back and forth... I turned the ignition off monday, and the trunk popped open. The hell?

My car is up for inspection very very soon. Not looking forward to getting shit fixed on it because I know it's going to be all things I don't want to hear. This Saab of mine has served me well but getting things fixed on it a major pain in the ass.

I have a coolant leak too, except I fill it up like every month or so.

I do not miss car repairs at all. My first car was a 1987 Pontiac Firebird & I probably spent 7K on repairs in the 3 years I owned it. It was practically a brand new car when I got rid of it & the dumb broad that bought it totaled it 3 weeks later. These days it's just oil changes & getting my summer/winter tires changed.