Car Thread

How much interest are you going to end up paying on it? Like another cars worth?

Looks nice, I just can't imagine paying for something for 7 years, the amount of money being lost is absurd. Cash out of pocket is the way to go, or at least under 3 years of payments.

I think it's either 0 or 0.8% interest. I don't remember. It's nice though 10 year 100,000 KM Powertrain warranty.

The insurance kills me though 320$ per month. I'm surprised I manage since I only make about 1100$ a month. But there is some good news out of this, next month my insurance drops a 100$. So i'm excited for that.

it's because I had an accident 2 months after I got my license...If it wasn't for that it would have been way less!

After watching Charlie Sheen's The Wraith for about the twentieth time over the years,i've decided to trade in my Integra for a black Dodge Turbo Interceptor.

When you go to your home planet, can I come? Or will I not survive the trip?

I've been in three accidents total plus 3 tickets and my insurance rate isn't even that high. I think you might be getting robbed. But idk actually because car insurance companies are all criminals anyways.

Edit: @Systematic

"Trucks > Cars."

Oh yes it does, decoded, it means "I have a truck"

haha yeah, it's true.

I don't see how anyone would choose a truck over the Ferrari FXX in the video I posted. That's the closest thing to a F1 car you can get that's available for consumer purchase. Although, Ferrari made it a point to not allow anyone to take the car home with them. Instead, you spend $1.6 million for a car that Ferrari keeps stored for you and only permits you to drive it on their approved track. It's actually quite a novel idea and just shows how much they care about their cars. They've only produced 30 (technically 31) and they want to keep the cars around and avoid what has begun to happen with the Enzo, which is what the FXX is based off of. Too many rich snobs were driving Enzo's around like they knew what they were doing and wrecking them left and right. Which is a shame because that car is sick too.

Anyways, tangent aside, cars > trucks and there's no argument.

I've been in three accidents total plus 3 tickets and my insurance rate isn't even that high. I think you might be getting robbed. But idk actually because car insurance companies are all criminals anyways.

Edit: @Systematic

It's my first car...I never drove anything else. So that's probably why it's so high, especially since it's a 2010 model. It would have been even higher if I stayed with the other insurance company, then I would have probably payed atleast 400$ a month.

Public transport > cars. It annoys me how easy it would be to get everywhere if the money wasted on cars were spent on public transport. I could hop on a subway in my town and go to Baltimore, then take a train from Baltimore to DC, and then fly to another country. I wouldn't need to blow thousands of dollars every decade or so.

Just think about it like a human body. Each town has its capillaries, which don't necessarily have to be trains, but could be buses and stuff. The train tracks are the veins.

ya fuck a bunch of that. I like cars and hate people too much to use public transportation. Although I will admit Hawaii's bus system cleverly called The Bus is only $1 for two rides anywhere on the islands. I thought that was a killer deal man.

I currently driving a shitbox on wheels. Mazda Protege (circa '91, but has parts from both 1990, 1992 and 1993.)

Talked to my mom and it looks like she wants to donate towards a graduation present and has offered to give me 10k towards a car. I had another 10k saved up so I'm going to go around looking for used cars, preferrably 2003 or newer.

AWD would be nice and some power to boot. Thinking about heading the Subaru route. Any ideas or recommendations?

So I'm going with the one truck one car idea and now that I have the truck I'm looking for, well, a car.

whatcha guys think about this...

http://www.openroadvwsti.com/Vehicl..._1.8T_quattro_Auto-Staten_Island-NY/972034073

A4's are nice, but why do you want a foor door AWD car?

I currently driving a shitbox on wheels. Mazda Protege (circa '91, but has parts from both 1990, 1992 and 1993.)

Talked to my mom and it looks like she wants to donate towards a graduation present and has offered to give me 10k towards a car. I had another 10k saved up so I'm going to go around looking for used cars, preferrably 2003 or newer.

AWD would be nice and some power to boot. Thinking about heading the Subaru route. Any ideas or recommendations?

AWD:
Audi A4
Subaru STI (or even the WRX model is really nice and fast)
VW R32
Mitsubishi Lancer (preferably the Evolution model)

2WD:
VW GTI
Acura RSX Type-S (the base model is stupid and a waste of money)
Honda Civic SI
Nissan 350Z

Pretty much anything Japanese or German, if you hadn't noticed. These are all sportier cars but still get good gas mileage if you stay off of the pedal. Unless you plan on racing your car offroad or just have to have AWD for winter, AWD is pretty useless on a car and the extra cost generally isn't worth it. Although I will admit STI's are sick period.

I just like the car. I drove it and it felt great. I also have a dog and would like to have room for friends and family.

Maybe I'm not understanding the question. Why wouldn't I want a AWD 4 door? What are you suggesting exactly?