Diseases, Injuries, Illnesses

I did it against motherly advice. My mum wouldn't let up about it (despite me being 27 something when I got the first one).
I haven't had one since I got my teeth fixed about 8 years ago but I went about 20 years without seeing a dentist. It was only when I lost one near the front that I decided I better actually see a dentist.

I'm doing so much better. It's still really scary because I'll have to wait a few days to get seen, but the pain has gotten a lot better. It feels like the swelling went down some, maybe it drained or was reabsorbed into my body. I'm still a little worried about dropping dead suddenly due to sepsis, or finding out it's spread into my skull.

Reactions: mutantllama
Been also dealing with an infected wisdom tooth this past month and a half, the infection ended up by my throat like an inch away from my jugular, got it drained out by the oral surgeon four weeks ago and yeah having a mouth full of pus was the grossest shit in the world. Hoping to get it out soon, the surgeon is just waiting for me to open my mouth wide enough but been on antibiotics for four weeks now. The pain before I got it drained was truly fucking awful and I was barely able to open my teeth wide enough to get split pea soup in it.WIN_20240304_11_28_30_Pro.jpg

Reactions: PrincessHades
I'm doing so much better. It's still really scary because I'll have to wait a few days to get seen, but the pain has gotten a lot better. It feels like the swelling went down some, maybe it drained or was reabsorbed into my body. I'm still a little worried about dropping dead suddenly due to sepsis, or finding out it's spread into my skull.
Do a fuck ton of hot salt water rinses also I'd suggest calling up the people you have an appointment with to see if they can get you some antibiotics asap.

Been also dealing with an infected wisdom tooth this past month and a half, the infection ended up by my throat like an inch away from my jugular, got it drained out by the oral surgeon four weeks ago and yeah having a mouth full of pus was the grossest shit in the world. Hoping to get it out soon, the surgeon is just waiting for me to open my mouth wide enough but been on antibiotics for four weeks now. The pain before I got it drained was truly fucking awful and I was barely able to open my teeth wide enough to get split pea soup in it.View attachment 35761

Yikes you had it bad.

Just had my first appointment today, they did imaging and probed around a bit and then came to the conclusion that there's no choice but to extract. I'm probably going to get that done in 2 weeks, and then I'm going to get a bone graft. I got a pretty heavy amoxicillin script too.

1712256632822.jpeg

Me when it was swollen, not too visible but still extremely painful

Last edited:
I used to get minor swelling around some of my wisdom teeth, but nothing on such a scale. Oof. I got all 4 noped the fuck outta there. I've got these before and after x-rays. My bottom 2 wisdom teeth looked like they were trying to bowl the other pins over:

who.jpg

I used to get minor swelling around some of my wisdom teeth, but nothing on such a scale. Oof. I got all 4 noped the fuck outta there. I've got these before and after x-rays. My bottom 2 wisdom teeth looked like they were trying to bowl the other pins over:

View attachment 35773

Jeez that looks painful as hell ^

My teeth, you can see the middle one is very decayed.

1712334822921.png

Just got the tooth pulled!! It wasn't bad at all. The worst part was just the septocaine injections.