Got something new for ya! have a listen!

I don't like the music really that much.
Anyway I think that's a mix of numetal and metalcore vocals.
I worked hard on this shit, specially the drums, guitars needed more mids, but one of the guitarrists wanted a more scooped sound bah.
I don't get people scooping really that much, anyway he asked for it and I gave it to him.

DSS3 said:
Sounds great dude! Any details on equipment?

Here you go

Guitars
- Guitars: Left channel Gibson SG with stockpickups, right LesPaul Standard stockpicups as well.
- Overdrive: Maxon OD9 (gain 9 o'clock, tone 10 o'clock, drive 12 o'clock)
- Amp: Three channel Dual Rectifier (mid on zero, silicon diodes, bold, can't remember the rest of settings)
- Cab: Hughes and kettener, the one that comes with Warp7, it's an oversized cab with custom speakers from celestion (rock driver junior), really tight cab.
- Mic: trusty SM57
- Pre: Digi002

Bass
- Bass: crappy ibanez
- Amp: Ampeg SVT-3PRO
- Cab: SVT-410HLF
- Mic: shure pgm52
- Pre: Digi002
Recorded a direct track (little labs red eye) and a mic track

Drums (the pain in the ass)
The drummer is a dick, he didn't want to play to a click, I mean he coudln't play with that.
So I have the guitarrist playing at a really low volume a guide track while the drummer was recording his shit (shit in this case doesn't mean "stuff", it means shitty performance)
I hate drummer that can't play to a click, they're not drummer, just assholes :p.
I had to edit a lot of mistakes without beat detective (on Protools Le, it is worthing nothing,because it does just one track at a time), I am good at working with drum tracks, you know grouping really hels to edit all the shit, so not the biggest problem on earth
Anyway even with samples on the snare (Andy's one) and on thec kick (mine) he wasn't constant.
You can hear a lot of weak hits, compression and samples can't do miracles.
Anyway mics were all from drumkit package PgmDK6 and sm57 on snare.
Not a bad sound for a "cheapo" mic set!
All mics into digimax LT pre connected via adat to digi002.

vocals
SM58 that's it!

Nice work, guitars just need to be a bit cleaner, great drum sound!
do u mind send me the snare sample?

My god they need a new vocalist...or at least do away with the clean vox...his voice just isn't tailored for it. Other than that, sounds great kao!

~e.a