Neverworld appreciation thread!

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
It's been a while since I listened to this album, but yesterday I threw it in the car and drove to the whole album out in the countryside in the evening. I can't tell you much I love this album. It was the first Power Quest album I ever heard and I must've played it thirty times before I listened to any other music, and it's still as good as the day I first heard it. This has some of the catchiest vocal lines I've ever heard (the title track's vocals rank among my favorite in the PQ catalogue). Something about the keyboard sound is amazing, too. Sounds very much like 80s leads on some of the tracks (Edge of Time, For Evermore) and it's wonderful. One of the best power metal albums I've ever heard; I introduced several of my friends to the same album and now they're diehard PQ fans, too. (And they actually went out and bought the albums instead of pirating them!)

I'm definitely going to be listening to this album a lot this next week. There's nothing wrong with this album, in my opinion - it's remarkable!

There needs to be a Neverworld appreciation thread?

Any PQ fan will attest to the awesomeness of anything ever produced by the lads!

Not that you're wrong in anything you say though. It is my favourite PQ album and my love for it is well known.

Figured I might as well stir up some PQ discussion in the lull before the revealing of the new singer. :lol:

Yes, it's a fantastic album indeed!! I remember after I broke up with my girlfriend last March I played the entire album on my car journey... I was feeling down at the time, but this album definitely cheered me up! And the last song really struck a chord... some very evocative lyrics there. Perhaps it's about a past break-up you had yourself Steve?

A powerful album in any case.

But on Magic Never Dies things actually got even better again... :D

I too got into Power Quest when this was their current release.
This disc holds up very well over time.

On shuffle this morning, my IPOD spit out The Message, Cemetary Gates, the Vigil, Find My Heaven, and Human Machine :)

I fookin' love Neverworld. 'specially the title track and 'Into The Light'. Bliss!