1 Month, & 22 Days to PPUSA IX tix go on sale.....

FatesFan,

I'd agree. But Glenn has indicated in the past that 'selling out time' is something he can use to help sell the festival to bands he is trying to nab. So a slower sellout due to tickets on sale before headliners may harm the festival in the longrun.

But I have seen other festivals start selling tickets before the full roster was announced (not sure about headliners though).

Although I know this is not going to happen, I think it would be interesting to start ticket sales based on the bands already announced just to see how the current line up would fair on its own merits. Then announce the headliners let’s say a week later.

*I know this would make no logical business sense so don’t hate on me as it is just a thought based on curiosity and not based in reality.

If it sold out without the Headliners, imagine the bonus factor for those who took a chance and the potential let down for those who were on the fence and lost out. I just think it would be fun.

If it did not sell out in the usual week or so (lets say 50% tickets gone in 2 weeks) then it would be cool to see how quickly the other 50% would go based on the addition of “headliners”.

*ducks and runs for cover*

Haha no that is a cool idea. Forgetting about business, just you know in an ideal world. What I gathered from the interview with Glenn a little while back was that people have grown to trust him, and taking a chance based on his tastes and reputation will most likely be quite satisfying. It would be cool to do an experiment like that.

why the guy just doesn't pen in the dates on the calendar at work and wing it is beyond me. There is more than enough time between the announcement and the actual shows to make any changes... I don't see what his problem is.

Elvenking, obviously, is my #1
Iron Savior would easily be my #1 if they weren't there.

Congrats on that Elvenking sponsorship dude. I don't like them but I've seen how much you do so that's pretty cool to hear that you get to sponsor 'em!