A Long shot for future ProgPower fests:

Originally posted by Dustin

:lol:

<does Chandler impression>

Could you BE anymore blunt?! :lol:

Dustin

:lol:

It's funny because there is an obvious divide between the progressive and the power crowd. And since the power bands are headlining, they obviously pull the popularity.

I mean, I'll be honest, after Angra, BG, Gamma Ray, Edguy, and Silent Force, you can throw on anyone you like. :)

I actually plan on alternating between prog and power headliners on a yearly basis providing the quality is available (SX and Kamelot last year). I did not even consider all of the power bands accepting my offer this year, but they did. Thus, we are top heavy on power.

Plus, the no repeat rule stops a band like Symphony X from returning.

Glenn H

Hmm, that would leave a lot of openings in the prog arena. Perhaps a Savatage show, Fates Warning or Spocks Beard.

I wouldn't mind seeing

Cairo
Dream Theater
Transatlantic

John

Originally posted by Harvester
I actually plan on alternating between prog and power headliners on a yearly basis providing the quality is available (SX and Kamelot last year). I did not even consider all of the power bands accepting my offer this year, but they did. Thus, we are top heavy on power.

Plus, the no repeat rule stops a band like Symphony X from returning.

Glenn H

And Glenn - just imagine if Rhapsody agreed to come over too? :)

From a power metal perspective, not only have you gone 'top heavy' but you have also managed to pull the most important power metal acts together under one concert weekend. Good for you.

In addition, since these power acts have never visited these shores before, it makes it all the more important. If you ask me, it's the power acts that draw us crowds.

You never know, you could end up doing two gigs a year - one for prog and one for pure power. I can bet which sells out the quickest! ;)

This is strange...

Blind Guardian was the band that got me into this music three years ago...my favorites before were Iron Maiden, Helloween, Dream Theater, Queensyrche, and Savatage...however Blind Guardian opened me up to a slow of Euro metal...

It was not until I heard Entropia that has spun my interests 180% towards prog metal...Prog, IMO, is much superior to even power metal...needless to see I am more excited to see the prog bands, even more than the band that got me into this music....however, I also feel, as odd as this sounds (and I was talking to my fellow gold badge member partner) we both felt that Blind Guardian should have been last on Friday night. I understand they have a gig the next day...but it will probably be their first and last time in the US and it would have been more special if they were last...

As it stands, PoS is my favorite band off all time right now, after hearing the greatest album of all time in Remedy Lane...but I am sure DT (Hopefully) will tour with them at some point, or a possible PoS tour of their own in the US...

In conclusion, I definetaly enjoy the prog over the power...although I can't wait to see Rhapsody next year...Forza Italia!!! :)