Anyone going to BW&BK 2 as well?

I would love to see Grave Digger, one of the best/most underrated power metal bands of all time IMO. Brainstorm and Primal Fear are also great and totally worth the trip. I won't be able to make it, but I am considering Wacken this year (After Forever, Brainstorm, Grave Digger, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Nevermore, Thunderstone, Kotipelto, Mystic Prophecy, Saxon, Sinner, Dionysus, Primal Fear, etc), as well as Metal Mania in Spain (Rage!!!, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Judas Priest, Bodom, etc) Tuska Festival in Finland (Drak Tranquillity, Machine Men, Diablo, Twilightning, Sonata Arctica, Sinergy, Nightwish, etc), and maybe even Sweden Rock (Lost Horizon, Persuader, Bodom, Judas Priest, Exodus, Brainstorm, Heavenly, Testament, Helloween, Rudi Pell, Sun Caged, Paragon, Nightwish, etc....)
Man I am pumped to move to Spain!!!!

alexofbodom said:
I would love to see Grave Digger, one of the best/most underrated power metal bands of all time IMO. Brainstorm and Primal Fear are also great and totally worth the trip. I won't be able to make it, but I am considering Wacken this year (After Forever, Brainstorm, Grave Digger, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Nevermore, Thunderstone, Kotipelto, Mystic Prophecy, Saxon, Sinner, Dionysus, Primal Fear, etc), as well as Metal Mania in Spain (Rage!!!, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Judas Priest, Bodom, etc) Tuska Festival in Finland (Drak Tranquillity, Machine Men, Diablo, Twilightning, Sonata Arctica, Sinergy, Nightwish, etc), and maybe even Sweden Rock (Lost Horizon, Persuader, Bodom, Judas Priest, Exodus, Brainstorm, Heavenly, Testament, Helloween, Rudi Pell, Sun Caged, Paragon, Nightwish, etc....)
Man I am pumped to move to Spain!!!!
'scuse my while I wipe the drool up from seeing some of these combinations.. hehe Helloween, Lost Horizon, Priest, Bodom, Heavenly, Exodus & Testament on the same bill.. my god :loco: that's ca-razee

anyhow, speaking of Exodus, their new album Tempo of the Damned is incredible. They haven't missed a step and you'd never be able to tell it's been over a decade (12-13 yrs I think) since their last studio release.

Man the Sweden Rock festival would be a dream lineup. Even the 2nd stage would slay....

Main stage:
Judas Priest, UFO, Nightwish, Helloween, Scorpions, Heart, Monster Magnet, Kingdom Come, Skid Row, Montrose, Children of Bodom, Testament, TNT, Axel Rudi Pell, Exodus, Pat Travers, In Flames, Opeth, Pink Cream 69, The Haunted etc.

The SPendrups Stage (that's the popular Beer in Sweden)
Lost Horizon, Brainstorm, Cage, Persuader, Narnia, Sun Caged, Paragon, Lake of Tears, Memory Garden, Pathos and more.

zinescene said:
Man the Sweden Rock festival would be a dream lineup. Even the 2nd stage would slay....

Main stage:
Judas Priest, UFO, Nightwish, Helloween, Scorpions, Heart, Monster Magnet, Kingdom Come, Skid Row, Montrose, Children of Bodom, Testament, TNT, Axel Rudi Pell, Exodus, Pat Travers, In Flames, Opeth, Pink Cream 69, The Haunted etc.

The SPendrups Stage (that's the popular Beer in Sweden)
Lost Horizon, Brainstorm, Cage, Persuader, Narnia, Sun Caged, Paragon, Lake of Tears, Memory Garden, Pathos and more.
Yep. The bad part about this is knowing you are missing out on a cool band that's on the other stage. I might have to flip coins.

I already have my ticket, airline ticket and hotel booked for Brave Words. I simply cannot wait. Grave Digger is one of my favorite bands ever and the fact that they are playing in America is just astonishing. Many other great bands on the bill like Seven Witches, Doro, Primal Fear and Brainstorm. Cannot wait.

I will also be attempting to get tickets for PP5. I wanna be there so bad. EDGUY I have to see live especially after having the new album. Kamelot, Brainstorm, Tad Morose, Savatage = Too much for me to handle.

Coming from Atlanta to attend Bravewords once again! Last year was a BLAST and having breakfast with Elegy and Jag Panzer was just phenomenal. I was going anyway, but with Primal Fear, Doro, and Ion Vein, it's icing on the cake. PF rocks, Doro is fine, Grave Digger are legends, Ion Vein consists of great musicians, Jack Frost and James Riviera are funny as hell, Death, Power, Melodic...something for all!

Side note: I do agree that Primal Fear are not the most creative people on earth, but I kind of look at it as getting bonus Judas Priest records every year! HA HA HA! They are very entertaining live and can't wait!

I'm confused. I saw the same post and email about Flotsam and Jetsam and "headlining act TBA". I thought Grave Digger and Katatonia were being promoted as Headliners, Is there more than one "headliner"?

BTW, they were already slated to have 7 bands per night, F&J is the 8th band. Have another beer Mark:loco: (j/K)

There were? I already deleted the email so I can't look it up right now, but I was under the impression they had announced 13 bands thus far, with 1 of the 2 night's headliners the sole remaining surprise. Katatonia is a support band, albeit a quality one, not a headliner.

And the final headliner is....

Metal Church.

I'm undecided if this announcement was worth the wait. If they play nothing but tracks off "The Dark" and "Blessing in Disguise," I'd drool all over the floor and make conditions difficult for the moshers. If they span they're entire career, well then meh.

markgugs said:
And the final headliner is....

Metal Church.

I'm undecided if this announcement was worth the wait. If they play nothing but tracks off "The Dark" and "Blessing in Disguise," I'd drool all over the floor and make conditions difficult for the moshers. If they span they're entire career, well then meh.
Throw in about 4 tracks from their 1st release and I'll be in heaven. I like the choice and Flotsam and Jetsam, it's an interesting addition though not one that would make or break my decision to attend. Overall, I think the lineup is a LOT weaker than last years but still an interesting mix.

This lineup is really cool, a nice variety of Metals to be had. Its like a smaller version of Wacken or Bang Your Head. You got thrash, death, power, traditional, doom, something for everyone.

"We fight, we kill, we die
We play, we dance to the Symphony of Death. "

Grave Digger baby! I cant wait!

Anyone know anything about the "new" Metal Church line-up. I know that former Malice guitarist Jay Reynolds (very cool) has been added to the roster. But I just gotta know...who's the singer...?

I checked the official site...but it just plain sucks for info lately, and a lot of it has been shut down...

Anybody with any relevant info?

I went to this fest last year and had a great time. Evergrey played the best set of the weekend. I bought a ticket for this year's gig but unfortunately am now unable to attend. I'd like to sell it for its face value of $60 -- $10 less than the current mail-order price. Please e-mail me if interested.

(I tried selling this ticket on eBay -- I have 350 positive feedbacks and no negatives -- but nobody was interested. I should have come here first.)

Thanks,
Mike

I've lowered the price of my BW&BK ticket mentioned in the previous post to $45 -- that's $30 less than they are selling for now on the Brave Words web site. Please consider this offer. Because I can't use this ticket, I'd really like some other metal fan to enjoy it.

Thanks,
Mike
mpopke@spwl.net