Anyone going to BW&BK 2 as well?

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Just curious if anyone besides myself is going to the BW&BK 6 Pack Weekend as well as ProgPower 5? Looks like a great year this year with both fests, Nightwish finally toring the States, and Symphony X getting some more great exposure via their opening slot on the Queensryche tour!

two words for you GRAVE DIGGER. Reason enough for me to go to Brave Words fest, plus the rest of the bands on the bill are great too. I went last year and it was great. June cant get here soon enough.
Going to Porg Power as well, Edguy, Brianstorm, Tad Morose, Kamelot, Savatage. I'm there.

Check out www.thatssometal.com where support for this type of music is plentiful through reviews, interviews, tour dates, etc.

I'm at BWBK but not ProgPower thus far. How can anyone miss Grave Digger, Doro, Primal Fear, and Brainstorm all at the same festival? Then add the hot undercard and a "yet to be named" act and I'm thrilled!

1metal1 said:
How can anyone miss Grave Digger, Doro, Primal Fear, and Brainstorm all at the same festival?
I can. With the exception of Brainstorm, who I will see at PP, the pther bands you listed are nothing special. As a matter of fact, I can't stand Primal Fear, could care less about Doro, and have no opinion on Grave Digger. To each his own, but nothing about that festival in the last two years has appealed to be except for Elegy last year.

nightwish58 said:
I can. With the exception of Brainstorm, who I will see at PP, the pther bands you listed are nothing special. As a matter of fact, I can't stand Primal Fear, could care less about Doro, and have no opinion on Grave Digger. To each his own, but nothing about that festival in the last two years has appealed to be except for Elegy last year.
Is anyone else tired of this self righteous moron who does nothing but put down everyone else's tastes? Personally I've had it with this individuals negativity. His "everybody sucks, but who I like" attitude has worn out it's welcome. Having an opinion is one thing, but making people sound like their stupid for liking what they do is ignorant and inconsiderate. If you have nothing nice to say, then shut the hell up! Get a life or a girlfriend or something else to occupy your time instead if insulting other people.

Emerald Sword said:
Is anyone else tired of this self righteous moron who does nothing but put down everyone else's tastes? Personally I've had it with this individuals negativity. His "everybody sucks, but who I like" attitude has worn out it's welcome. Having an opinion is one thing, but making people sound like their stupid for liking what they do is ignorant and inconsiderate. If you have nothing nice to say, then shut the hell up! Get a life or a girlfriend or something else to occupy your time instead if insulting other people.
Listen hump, I simply stated an opinion once again. If you are illiterate, i can't help it. How did i make the original poster sound stupid? By saying I feel the bands are nothing special? By saying to each his own? By saying I don't like Primal Fear or could care less about Doro? Get over it Mo. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my post. I didn't insult anyone or tell anyone that they are crazy for liking someone; I simply stated how I feel (which last time I checked, I am entitled to do). In fact, prior posts by myself have shown plenty of positive thoughts. But you took it to the next level by referring to me as a "moron". Learn the difference between an insult, an opinon, and criticism. Many people have put down what I listen to and love; but I don't cry, bitch and whine about it. I simply accept it and move on. And by the way, please help me find a girlfriend, I'm lonely... You aren't even worth another thought.

nightwish58 said:
Listen hump, I simply stated an opinion once again. If you are illiterate, i can't help it. How did i make the original poster sound stupid? By saying I feel the bands are nothing special? By saying to each his own? By saying I don't like Primal Fear or could care less about Doro? Get over it Mo. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my post. I didn't insult anyone or tell anyone that they are crazy for liking someone; I simply stated how I feel (which last time I checked, I am entitled to do). In fact, prior posts by myself have shown plenty of positive thoughts. But you took it to the next level by referring to me as a "moron". Learn the difference between an insult, an opinon, and criticism. Many people have put down what I listen to and love; but I don't cry, bitch and whine about it. I simply accept it and move on. And by the way, please help me find a girlfriend, I'm lonely... You aren't even worth another thought.[/QUOTE Only positive thoughts about who you like. Who are you kidding? You ripped Running Wild and another member let you know about that, too. So, my friend, your reputation precedes you. What you say are not opinions. They are are self righteous babble. You don't cry, bitch, or whine aboutit. No, you make others feel bad instead by ripping their tastes. There are plenty of bands I dislike, too, but I don't post "could care less" or "can't stand" like you do. Other people are entitled to like the bands they like without hearing drivel from you. Again, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything.

nightwish58 said:
Believe it or not, I actually agree with one thing here. Primal Fear do nothing for me. I have tried and tried to get into them but i just can't shake the Judas Priest factor and thier songs seem boring.

However I really find it hard to believe that ANYONE could call themselves a metal fan or even a metal supporter if they couldn't get into part of the lineup from Last years BW show. It was a who's who of the metal world for christ sakes. Trouble and Candlemass are two of the greatest doom bands to walk the face of the earth, Cage, Wolf and Jag Panzer have incredible power metal releases and even some of the other bands I wasn't big on seeing such as Beyond the Embrace and Kataklysm just blew me away.

I'm not totally thrilled about this years line up but there's enough bands worth checking out and I know that there will be some I'll really dig even though I haven't heard much from them.

zinescene said:
Believe it or not, I actually agree with one thing here. Primal Fear do nothing for me. I have tried and tried to get into them but i just can't shake the Judas Priest factor and thier songs seem boring.
How dare you say you don't like Primal Fear and that they are boring and do nothing for you! This is a forum that should solely be used to voice positive opinions, even on bands you don't like. :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

My $.02:

While Nightwish58 and I do not see eye to eye on everything, I think you are not reading his post properly. The guy simply stated that HE would not be attending the festival because HE did not like Primal Fear, Doro, etc. (Editors Note: I happen to enjoy Primal Fear, the Judas Priest clones that they are!). The guy also said that HE would liked to have seen Elegy last year, and I am ASSuming that that was one of, if not the only band there that he wanted to go see. That being said, I can understand not spending $500 for an hour's worth of Ian Parry. Perhaps I need to change my prescription, but I don't see any insults being thrown your way. He wasn't insulting YOU or YOUR tastes in music, but simply voice his view of the festival itself and that he wasn't going because HE did not like the acts.
Insecurity is a problem, but it can be combatted...:wave:

nightwish58 said:
How dare you say you don't like Primal Fear and that they are boring and do nothing for you! This is a forum that should solely be used to voice positive opinions, even on bands you don't like. :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

Arrgg, my bad, I...Must...Not...Forget...

Next time I think about criticizing Primal Fear for thier boring and unimaginative style I'll keep it to myself:D :D

...and I apologize if I came across as a little strong in my last post, I guess it just blows my mind that some people didn't find last years line up intriguing, but to each thier own. I know I wouldn't spend $500 or $1000 or even $200 for a trip to see one band I was interested in...but then again thier's not much I dont like (except Primal fear :ill: )

Actually there were a few bands I liked last year including Elegy and Jag Panzer, but I jusy couldn't justify dropping all that money for those two bands especially since I have seen Jag Panzer before. Granted, I may have been pleasantly surprised by some of the other bands, but I personally needed more to get me there in the first place. There actually may have been 1 other band that i didn't mind, but I can't recall at this point. Prog Power will always be the premier metal fest for me. Wait, what was I thinking, I shouldn't have said that; BW & BK is just as good (i really don't feel that way), but let me just say it anyway!!! Seriously, I commend the promoter for trying to bring more metal to the states; I just have not been that intrigued by their lineups thus far... That may change in the years to come.

katatonia and dismember are the only acts I would really be interested in seeing. For some unknown reason, grave digger's only other US gig is here in phoenix. I have no idea how we got that one.

I don't think he ripped on anyone in that post. These posts are meant for constructive conversations and we don't have to agree. That fact makes it more interesting. Nothing is more boring than a post of that band are gods,droolllll ! like little fan boys as if we were trekkies.:Spin: o_O

I went to BW & BK last year, and fully intended on going this year. However, in my opinion, this year's line-up flat out blows. I realize there are people on this forum that like a lot of the bands on the bill. I respect your opinions, and am not trying to insult anyone's favorite band. Gravedigger is cool, though not a band I listen to very often, and Primal Fear:headbang: would be fun to see, though not worth driving 500 miles for. I'm just real disappointed in this year's line-up as a whole.

Say what you want about this year's line-up, but the fact of the matter is this; tickets have now been on sale for over three months, and it's still not sold out. Conversely, PPV will sell out in one day.

Zod

I agree ZOD, I'm not sure if I'm dissapointed because last years line up was so good or the fact the only bands I want to see are Grave Digger, Doro and Brainstorm. I think Ion Vein will be cool and I hope E-Force will be last years Force of Evil but Katatonia for a headliner???? To me that just down right disappointing. But, bitching aside, I'm going to the festival, I'm going to check out every band and enjoy the weekend. I'm just happy that these festivals are bringing bands over to play instead of me spending money to fly to Europe to check them out.