Angra / Sinergy

Mar 21, 2002
Japan
www.metalmadjapan.com
i went to Angra / Sinergy concert tonight... :) :) :) :) :)!!
it's 2 am here and i have to work tomorrow as usual.. so i can't write a review now but here's the setlist of both bands, if you are interested!

~SINERGY~
The Bitch is back
Passage of the fourth world
Beware the heavens
Violated
Gallowmere
The Sin Trade
Laid to rest
Venoumous Vixens
Me, myself, my enemy
Lead Us to War
The warrior Princess
-------------------------
I spit on your grave

~ANGRA~
In Excel
Nova Era
Acid Rain
(Edu's greetings)
Angels Cry
Heroes Of Sand
Metal Icarus
Millenium Sun
(Edu made us sing)
Reaching Horizons (Acoustic version by Rafa...speechless! :) )
Bleeding Heart (Kiko on Piano! speechless again!)
Make Believe
Drum solo...by 5 hands and 5 legs! ~ Unholy Wars
REBIRTH ... ( i cried!)
percussion session(all the members were beating someting! :) )~Hunters and Prey
~Guitar solos by masters of guitar!
Running Alone
Nothing to Say
---------------------------------
Unfinished Allegro
---------------------------------
Carry on

i'm going to see them tomorrow as well! i'll write more then :)

(sorry if there is any misspelling i'm awefully sleepy! :p )

Sounds like it would have been a great show!
I've only recently gotten into Sinergy, I think their singer
spent some time in my old hometown of Chicago......
I think Sinergy would be a great addition to any future Prog Power events....

JW

Kim rockssss! i just love her! and the whole band was awesome, include the new members. their sound was ok but the sound production of Angra was not good at first, as they seemed not to have brought their sound tech, there might be a language problem? Kiko seemed to be frustrated a little on stage. i'm not sure but hope it will be better tonight!
YtsJammer, yes the setlist can't be better! but my friend wanted to hear more from Fireworks. Rafa's song..oh i didn't write it was sung by Rafa? he sang it and his song was great! i hope we can hear it again in Atlanta.
ok got to run now, i'll write more after tonight's show!

Originally posted by Demonspell

Yes, if you hate Andre Matos! :) Just kidding, Rebirth is a great comeback album, and Edu kicks ass. I need to get Hunters And Prey.

Hehe, I love Viper..I love Angra's first three albums..I love the Virgo album..I love his work with Avantasia...The list goes on. Honestly, I thought him leaving would be the demise of the band..but I have been pleasantly surprised with Rebirth as well as Hunters and Pray. Rebirth was easily one of, if not my favorite release of last year. I'm sure the new lineup puts on a killer show, and they're the band I want to see most in Atlanta, with or without Matos. Wouldn't it be nice if Matos just "happened" to show up in Georgia...He'd come out with Edguy and Gamma Ray, as well as a semi-reunion with Angra. Wishful thinking!

ahem.. lol i think i was in a frenzy when i posted the above message( did you figure out Reaching Horizons was sang by Rafa? i'm sorry i bet you didn't :( )..well i still can't cool down myself regarding Angra's concert. well, where shall i start? ok, about the sound on 21. i thought the balance of the sound was bad on 20, maybe worse as i was in the second row, but it seemed to be difficult for Edu to distinguish the sound, and his song went flat (i'm not sure if this is the right expression) at some part that night. on 21, i saw the show at the center of the venue, and the balance of the sound was great. Edu's song was stronger and i think he sang his song perfectly. at first, we were wondering how he could sing the old songs originally sung by Andre. i haven't seen Andre w/ Angra, but some of my friends who saw both told that Edu's high tone part was stronger than Andre's. and what i like best about Edu's songs is, that he can sing a song in many ways, sometimes softly like Bleeding Heart, sometimes aggressive like Nova Era, and great mixture of these is Rebirth.

maybe Fireworks is the plot to the following spilit up. but who expected this great work like Rebirth when Kiko and Rafa supported their fans' virtual petition to get back the 3 members who left the band? Life is interesting!

the best part for me was the percussion session~ Hunters and Prey, almost as good as Rebirth. Some of the fans seemed to be at a loss, as it's not the same old "bang your head" rythm. but i really loved this part which proves they are original, and enjoyed it! :D

i already saw the video which taken during the last Latin America tour. but i can say, the show in Tokyo on 21 was incredible. i'm so lucky to be the witness! and after some experience of the festival appearances, Angra will show us the brilliant show in Atlanta. and this time you will feel lucky too!

i'm sorry as i write in the first part, i'm still in a frenzy, so not sure if i'm making sense. but well, i'll be happy if you could feel something good about new Angra, through this post.

cheers! :D