Any "Old School" Helloween fans here?

Savage Pumpkin

AKA Mr. Future World
Sep 6, 2008
Skokie, IL
I'm talking "Helloween" EP, "Judas" EP and "Walls Of Jericho" era Helloween as well as both "Keepers Albums and "Live In The UK". Essentially everything pre- "Pink Bubbles Go Ape". What a great band. If it weren't for the three year gap between "Keepers 2" and "Pink Bubbles" and Kai Hansen leaving I think their next album would have been more like Gamma Rays "Heading For Tomorrow".

Here I am. I love both Hansen/Kiske era and Deris era. I'm not fond of PBGA and "Chameleon" as a mater of fact I don't like them.

My first Helloween song was 'Guardians' and I still love the song. Many good songs in the early albums definitively as well as in the Keepers.

Old school Helloween is with Kai Hansen on vocals. They were an amazing german speed metal band. Lot of energy, passion and power in spite of singing isn´t exactly ortodox (but I love it).

"Helloween" and "Walls of Jericho" are essential. Then, came Kiske, an excellent singers, and released "Keeper I", another masterpiece IMO. "Keeper II" isn´t as good as "I", very good but a little too cheesy in some songs.

"Pink bubbles" and "Chamaleon" :puke:

With Deris they released some good albums ("Master of the rings" overwhelming), other awful, and playing live Andy f*** every single Kiske song except "A tale that wasn´t right".

Keeper of the Seeven Keys Part 1 is one of the best power metal albums ever, imo.

One of the first LPs I ever bought was Keeper I ... together with Riot 'Thundersteel' ... I copied them to 90s tapes and went trhough about 5 in a year. that's all I listened to.

The only later album comparable to that era IMO is The Time Of The Oath, really a masterpiece! :worship:

TTOTO is the best album of Deris era IMO, easily comparable to the first two Keepers.

Heck yes! Old Helloween with Henson was some of the best power metal I've ever heard. Well, besides Dragon Force's debut. XD just kiddin'.

There is also Keeper...part III... I agree with Wyvern's first post. I like both eras, just the last two Kiske era were awful Helloween albums.

There is also Keeper...part III... I agree with Wyvern's first post. I like both eras, just the last two Kiske era were awful Helloween albums.

Sadly Keeper III as well as the albums after "The Dark Ride" are mostly uninspired. A song or two that really worth and lot of fillers. If they should have continued on TDR path the band would have become a monster beyond Kiske era IMO.

I'm not fond of PBGA and "Chameleon" as a mater of fact I don't like them.

Chameleons are cool. I've always wanted one.
Panther-chameleon.jpg

I'm a fan of the Keeper of the Seven Keys Part I and II.

There's also a band called 'Walls of Jericho', in case no one knew.