Band Tees

manowarfan1 said:
Thought about wearing a soccer shirt too - little bit of venting on the sides could come in handy in sweaty environs. Now, will it be Newcastl, Stockport, Barca, River etc. We need to form a soccer club and give them a METAL sounding name :)

Newcastle is named after a beer, is it not?

Pellaz said:
Hmmm.... Behemoth, Cradle of Filth, maybe Amon Amarth or Dimmu Borgir, and possibly a new Godhead shirt I picked up this past weekend from 'em.

Of course, I wear prog-metal shirts to death and black-metal shows. It's cool to stand out a bit from the crowd. :headbang:

Yeah I do the same thing. If I go to a death metal show, it's more fun to wear a power metal shirt to see who the people are that know more than just death metal, and vice versa. It makes for good conversation usually too.

Justin

However...last year I broke my rules for Therion. It was the only time I have ever worn a band tshirt of the band that would be playing. But it is a rare Theli shirt so I couldn't resist! =)

Mosquito said:
However...last year I broke my rules for Therion. It was the only time I have ever worn a band tshirt of the band that would be playing. But it is a rare Theli shirt so I couldn't resist! =)

Well, in THAT particular case I'll grant an exception. :lol: (Damn, a Theli shirt......woooooh.)

The Coastal King said:
Newcastle is named after a beer, is it not?
That is semi-correct :) In fact, the town is called Newcastle - but for many years the main sponsors were Newcatle Brewery (some of my shirts have the Newcastle Brewery logos on em). It was quite a shock to me to go into a pub across the street from the stadium and order a Newcastle and the guys was like "Which kind". Ooooh, decisions, decisions - I'll have one of everything you dont export to the USA to start.

jeff

Either Fri. or Sat. it'll be my favorite "The Metal Zone" WVUA FM shirt my friend Dave The Metal Guy gave me. On the back it has 3 skeletons professing "See The Evil", "Hear The Evil", "Speak The Evil". Also goes over well at weddings and church functions :lol:

edgeofthorns said:
Tell us what band tees you'll be wearing during this year's festivals. My pics are:

Thursday Night: Dream Theater
Friday: Pyramaze
Saturday: ProgPower V

*Idea* We ought to have a festival tour shirt/band tee swap. People who bring a band/tour tee that they want to get rid of can throw it in the pile and grab another one. We did this one time at a campus organization that I was a part of during my college days and it was fun.

Taliwakker said:
The fact that so many of you calculate your wardrobe disturbs me.....

Probably because you haven't been accosted by the T-shirt police - last year someone decided that I needed fashion advice, and was not ashamed to dispense it several times over the course of the weekend. :puke: Don't even try to pretend that you're there for the music.